Please help me modify an APK! So frustrated.

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,804 happy users since 2014.
Register

phigment420

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Please help. New to Android. New to Rooting. New to patching.

I've been doing a ton of reading and gotten a lot of help along the way. If I have to pay someone to help me, I will, I am just trying to solve this, and I don't know if i'm really close to solving, or still very far away. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Problem - I want to watch the "Bohemian Rhapsody Experience" VR/Cardboard application that was made available by Google/Queen last year, but has since been removed from the play store.

I have found the .apk and .obb file (it’s available on lots of sites, just not playstore) - Given file size and a quick review of assets, it looks like everything is there. But when installed, I am met with the following screen.

5755A93F-383F-4FBB-BBE6-E72967C3CF40.jpeg

So based on feedback from a few people it was suggested that there was some license verification blocking.

So I Downloaded Lucky Patcher , which indicated there was a "license verification found". But Apparently i need a rooted device to get full access for patching.

SO.
- I bought a galaxy S8 and rooted it
- I have tried both Lucky Patcher as well as installing the modded play store.

No luck. I continue to be met with this screen above. However, i am a beginner with this application so i don't know if i'm doing it right.

I have no idea whether or not this message is just because of license verification checking, or something actually hard coded in the the application itself. My guess is the former since Lucky Patcher is identifying that license verification requirement.

So I don't know what to do from here. I am not a coder, and while I have poked around in the .apk and .obb file itself, I haven't found anything obvious which would indicate where the block is. Is there a process? tool? person? service? that I can use to help me accomplish my end goal.

Thank you!

Jesus manuel davila

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Um since it was taken off from playstore the app is unstable because it's not running anymore talk to the company that made the app see if they will give you a chance but it's kinda hard to bypass that error code anyways this is all I know