Please help with advice. Samsung note 8 root

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,615 happy users since 2014.
Register

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Sad to see no replies to this thread. I am in the same boat as you:(:cryingdroid:

turieturie

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Yes is possible just root mine two weeks ago works fine the only thing is battery just charge to 80% thats it.
Post automatically merged:

Thats my model

Attachments

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Yes is possible just root mine two weeks ago works fine the only thing is battery just charge to 80% thats it.
Post automatically merged:

Thats my model

Thank you for posting that; I have the same model # as you do! Regrettably, my o/s has already gotten the Oreo update.... So it looks as though I must continue the waiting game, for maybe just a bit longer.

If I may ask, did you root it yourself by doing it "the long way" (via computer), or did you use a one-click app to get root access? If you went the one-click method, which app(s) did you use?

turieturie

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Yes I did it the long way from computer was not that hard, I was very scared btw 😅 But idk if it works with oreo. 🤔

STEELSKY

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
@RdBoarder Just a few questions. Reason for root? (Just cause? Specific goal?Want to crack codes with game guardian, lucky patch?)
I ask only because most people don't benefit from rooting, (casual users) and the games on SB are pretty much modded as far as they can be without losing stability. I have personally ruined a few phones messing with things I vaguely understood after rooting. Just don't change things on a whim and it will be fine.
Its not difficult though and using the computer with Helm or Odin is the safe way. One click methods are dirty and nasty and are the equivalent of hiring a hooker for your Christmas party, who knows what will happen! But don't disregard a one click completely, older OS systems work well with these. Its pretty much anything after KitKat needs a clean root and/or ROM. Oreo has been optimized by several names, LineageOS being the leader. My advice would be to buy a cheap S2 or TabE and practice on that. If you screw up its not a huge loss.

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
@STEELSKY Thanks for that candid reply (even if it wasn't addressed to me, personally 😉). I have been looking into rooting my phone ever since I learned that it could be done, which was about 2 years ago. I have never so much as attempted this, however, due to the risk of doing irreversible damage to my expensive device(s). I currently own a tablet (HP Slate 8), which would be ideal to "practice" this on... yet, finding a workable method of rooting it has been challenging, and I've yet to try the complicated steps that I have found for that device.

I would like your opinion on whether or not I should even be pursuing root access for my devices. Naturally, I want to remove certain apps and bloatware from them (if not removed via rooting, what other methods would you recommend for just this purpose of removing bloatware?). I also want to have more options for modifying games/apps on my devices, as most people who root theirs do.

Your point is well made, and I don't challenge the fact that the library of available and up to date mods here is sufficient; and ever-expanding! Not only would I like the option to try modding other games not offered here (or elsewhere), but I cannot use any mod which requires the ability to remove license verification, or that requires signing into Google Play to save (rather than Facebook). I am not even in the same solar system as those who would call themselves modder, or hacker, or developer of software. My skills and knowledge would qualify me as nothing more than an everyday layman. But even for such few uses as I've laid out above, is it or is not wise for me to continue researching how to get root access for my device(s)?

Swiftknight

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Yes it is possible but only through pc as of late.
I've been trying various methods and had to buy two new phones but no luck Bixby sends info from your phone to Samsung if you root so its trick even if you get the root to work you might not be able to keep it before your phone gets locked

dragonstalker21

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I just used titanium backup and froze bixby and my phone is working just fine. I hate voice commands and all that anyway.

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
I just used titanium backup and froze bixby and my phone is working just fine. I hate voice commands and all that anyway.
I've only just now noticed your reply, and hope this comment gets to you so you may let me know... did you have your device rooted already, when you ran titanium and used that to freeze Bixby? Or is this something that can be done prior to rooting device? As far as I know, titanium backup may only run in a rooted device, as it required the root access to function properly....

dragonstalker21

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I had my phone rooted before doing that.