Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Poems and Lyrics

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
T.S. Eliot once said : "Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things. "

Poetry and lyrics are such a special thing because as Mr. Eliot said, it is the expression of emotion and the need to escape it. If you ever felt that need and wrote a poem or lyrics that express how you feel or think, please feel free to share them here we with us. We would love to see what you have come up with ! :D

Belinda333

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
I do journaling, I am not a poet. My favorite is Yeats. I would like to share some quotes and if someone is not familiar with his work,maybe they will check it out.
- I have this tattooed on my arm. "The world is full of magic things,patiently waiting for our senses to grow deeper. "
-"Never give all heart,for love
will hardly seem worth thinking of
To passionate women if it seemed
Certain,and they never dream
that it fades put from kiss to kiss;
For everything that's lovely is
but a brief,dreamy,kind of delight. "
-"Faeries come take me put of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
run on the top of the disheveled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like the flame. "

PatchyBandi

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
A Riddle Poem
I don't understand how to make poems, but here is something I made up. Guess what it is or what it means...

This chest is strong. This chest is safe.
This chest holds the most beautiful thing in the world

Now tell me what about the ...?
It is not pretty. It is not safe. It will hurt, but it is strong and resilient.

The ... comes in many different forms. What is not to..., when they are both the same.