💬 Review Poison Study (Poison Study #1) by Maria V. Snyder

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,756 happy users since 2014.
Register

frkac

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Poison Study (Poison Study #1) by Maria V. Snyder

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): 📖 eBook Download - Poison Study (Poison Study #1) by : Maria V. Snyder

Poison study is the first book in Poison Study Series. There are 3 books in the series and this is an amazing start of the series. The book tells of Yelena a death row inmate who was forced to become a food taster. And it became more unfortunate for her that she has an out of control magic, while magic is illegal in Ixia. So she need to run to save her life, while running she accidentally become involved in a conspiracy involving a general, a rogue magician, and people who wanted to seize power in Ixia

Review:
What an amazing book!! I actually first read this book several years ago, and I’ve reread several time until now

Poison study is the first book from Poison Study Series. Here we meet Yelena, a criminal that convicted of murder. She was offered a choice to become Commander's food taster or death penalty. So of course she choose to become a food taster. Who in the right mind will choose to be executed?? Yes you can die if someone try to poison the commander but at least it is not a definite death sentence, and you can eat the best food while become a food tester 😁 . Yelena is an interesting character, she's a murderer though the murder is more than justifiable. She is determined, strong, stubborn, she make an amazing heroine. You will root for her, you will want her success, you will want her to become stronger, you will want her enemy dead.

The world building in Study series is awesome. First you have Ixia some totalitarian with military dictatorship where magic is illegal. The neighboring country, Sitia is free, colorful where magic is valued greatly. I love how contrast that 2 country and both is not perfect, there are advantages and disadvantages to both system (though if I have to choose I will live in Xitia, there’s no way in hell I want to live in country as rigid as Ixia)

Anyway this is a fabulous fantasy novel one of my favorite novel out there, if you haven't read it grab and read it. Maybe you will get addicted to the series like me, or at least you will spend your time with enjoyable read while accompany Yelena in her journey

Would you recommend this to other users? Absolutely. I recommend it to people that love fantasy genre

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐