(Polls) help me decide which phone to switch to from my iphone 6 of 5 years

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,426 happy users since 2014.
Register

so, which phone? (or any other suggestions are welcome)

• Total voters

thewarsofstars

Novice Lv1️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
So i've been using my iphone 6 (64 gb) for a little over 5 years now, (i know, how can i survive with a phone that only has 64 gig of storage and 1810 MAh of battery for 5 YEARS, trust me, i've been struggling but thank bejeezuz for power banks and google photos), so with all the new tech and features that are being put in so many different brands of phone, i'm super excited to finally catch up in the latest tech with the rest of society. I've already made up my mind to just completely switch to an android device, as i've seen the iphone prices sky rocket but few/ 0 innovation has been made. Yes, the camera in the newer iphones is spectacular... but i'm not an instagram influencer or anything so that's not really one of the top priorities i look for in a new phone although it is a nice feature to have. So, after saving up for years and patiently waiting for a range of good high-quality phones to hit the market, i've made a few choices and i need others' opinion to narrow it down. Any other suggestion, of course, is absolutely welcome :) (preferably a phone i could use for the next 5 or even 6 years lmao)

MiraeEos

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Just go for the most expensive xiaomi phone on market right now, its still gonna be less expensive than the 3 you listed, but its gonna be the same quality or even better

TravellerX

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
eBook Releaser
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
So sad about the iPhone switch. I would never switch from Apple the security alone will keep me there. What are you primarily looking for in a phone cost or functionality?

thewarsofstars

Novice Lv1️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
@MiraeEos I've considered the Xiaomi lineup but i dont think the software/UI will be as fast or long lasting as it is for the next 5-6 years.

thewarsofstars

Novice Lv1️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
@TravellerX yeah... The security of it is definitely one of its allure and the long lasting software and consistent updates but i've been sooo bored by the non-customizability of it all, blatantly reducing of the batteries of the older iphone models by apple (without any warning, mind you), the lousy phone storage for the base model and basically just the minimum amount of effort by apple in putting something new and innovative in their smartphones but insist in sky rocketing their prices for newest iphone models :) Sorry for the mini rant there.

So yes, i guess i'm looking more towards the functionality of it (and the memory and the software) as i have finally saved up enough money to buy quite a high-end phone. But if i could shave off a few hundred unnecessary euros off of the price tag, that'd be wonderful actually

TravellerX

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
eBook Releaser
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
@TravellerX yeah... The security of it is definitely one of its allure and the long lasting software and consistent updates but i've been sooo bored by the non-customizability of it all, blatantly reducing of the batteries of the older iphone models by apple (without any warning, mind you), the lousy phone storage for the base model and basically just the minimum amount of effort by apple in putting something new and innovative in their smartphones but insist in sky rocketing their prices for newest iphone models :) Sorry for the mini rant there.

So yes, i guess i'm looking more towards the functionality of it (and the memory and the ssoftware) as i have finally saved up enough money to buy quite a high-end phone. But if i could shave off a few hundred unnecessary euros off of the price tag, that'd be wonderful actually
well I use flash drives to triple my base storage. Customizing with my own wall papers and adding folders with no apps in them so I have multiple pages that I can control is harder but some people would rather give hackers access to financial data than paying 1.99 for apps it is all up to the user
Post automatically merged:

So price is what keeps you out of the high end upgrade?

Acidictigergod

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Samsung has always been pretty good to me.
Post automatically merged:

Have had it for 3 years and still hasn't slowed down

MattJones

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I would stick to the Samsung range too.

Kind Regards