✅ Solved Possible glitch/bug when VIP membership has expired

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,931 happy users since 2014.
Register

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
I recently let my 1-year VIP subscription lapse last week, and alas, I'm not planning to renew anytime soon; not because the content is no longer worth it, but because of the inflated price (quite a steep increase in the price, I believe it was less than $100 USD last year, more than doubled now! 😥😥😵). On the contrary, I recognize the (r)evolution of this unique website, and can justify paying the $240 a year for VIP; I just can't swing that sum, right now!

The glitch that I encountered is pertaining to a mod that I had unlocked and downloaded in the waning days of my fruitful, full-access to content, without the need to spend SB Points to unlock. After my recent demotion, I am gaining more insight into the minds of the average member, having now been relegated to capitulate to this "pay-to-play" conformity (which I jokingly make light of, as I really have no issue with the SB Points system, as it currently exists)!

Anyhoo, I was flipping through the mod release section, as I am wont to do from time to time, and noticed this previously accessed mod, for which I was unsure that I had voted (I try to vote on each mod I install, but with so much content it's hard to keep track of them, lol!). I am unable to review any alert beyond the 10th most recent (or, unable to figure out how to do that, anyways), so I figured I'd find out in the thread itself, where the content that I have already cast a vote on has a link that allows me to change that vote, as long as the poll is still open. Sadly, upon revisiting the mod in question, I have discovered that all input on the thread is blocked, including voting on the poll, until/unless the required price in SB Points is forfeited. Needless to say, I would like to cast my vote, without paying for a mod that I already installed.

Thank you very much in advance, for your consideration, and prompt attention to this minor issue!

20190222_083832.jpg 20190222_083927.jpg

20190222_084050.jpg

Last edited:

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
The reason that a lot of these sections are not available to comment on by Non-VIP members is that previously the comment section was abused by members asking modders to give them the mod for free and to yell at them for the prices being too high. After a lot of spammy responses like that it was changed so that only people who unlocked a specific piece of content on the main site could respond to an individual thread.

In the VIP section, only members who have VIP status and have recently unlocked the thread can comment on them. This was also put into effect because if you download a VIP mod once as a non-VIP member you have to unlock it again the next time an update comes out. This is so that the mods are protected from potential leechers. Maybe we can find a way to edit the commenting feature so that anyone who has downloaded a specific VIP mod EVER can comment on that thread, but sometimes when an update comes out a new thread is required, depending on if there are any new features instead of just updating the same thread. This is something @Sbenny would have to help look into.

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
@CordeliaCross, thanks for your reply, elucidating upon my quandary. I would be very grateful to see any progress made towards the goal of making the comments and polls of VIP mods more accessible to non-VIP members, in the event that such alterations are feasible and may be reasonably implemented. There is yet another VIP mod (Family Guy The Quest for Stuff), which I obtained while still possessive of VIP status, and for which I would like to report once again that it is working perfectly, by voting in the newly updated thread. The nature of this mod makes it last through any updates, and I can continue to verify its authenticity and functionality, if I only had the chance to do so in the proper space for it. If I had that chance, I would also post a comment in the newly updated thread that mod remains functional, without any bans or other interruptions of gameplay, as I enjoy playing the game on my Samsung Note 8 smartphone, so that this can be added to the list of devices with which the mod is compatible.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
The issue is related to the fact poll votes are allowed if one of the following conditions apply:

• You're a VIP Member
• You Replied to the Thread
• You Purchased the SB Points content

Now, while you were a VIP, you were able to vote in a poll, but since you didn't leave any reply to those threads, the system no longer has any tracks from you in those threads, hence he doesn't recognize you as user who downloaded the app (because the way the forum works requires one of the above conditions to let you vote), and doesn't let you vote in the poll. If you replied, you could've voted in the poll even after your VIP expired :) I'm working on a better system which also notifies users of app updates and more functionalities, but it's a very difficult implementation right now and I don't feel like changing the forum again just for this change which, altough important, would require rewriting 70% of the forum functionalities.

Sorry about the inflation, altough you should admit it was quite cheap when it started, but since we got more popular, we had to host bigger (and more) servers, plus many scripts used are also customly developed from more experienced coders (as I can't script everything on my own, also due to the lack of free time), so all this has a cost which, unfortunately, we have to cover somehow.