PS3 All In One “ANY PS3 MODEL” OFW Hacking Guide (yep, even Super Slim)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,804 happy users since 2014.
Register

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
This is “MY” version of the ALL IN ONE PS3Xploit 3.0 HAN hacking guide based on “MY” experience with my PS3 Super Slim which was NOT hack-able, does NOT have CFW, and only works with OFW 4.82 and up (if there is an up).

I can now play tons of PSN and PS3 games on my console “AS WELL AS” PS2, PS1, PS3, and SNES.

NOTE: I would read this guide and watch the 2 suggested videos “AT least 2 times” before you do anything with your OFW console.
I DID NOT follow this advice and was lucky (because there was no guide last month, I just jumped from small bit of info to small bit of info).
Introduction
Installation
Dumping Original Act.dat and IDPS.Hex
Han Toolbox
Converting and Installing Old School
PS1 Games
PS2 Games
PSP Games
PSP Minis
PS3 BluRay
PSN Games
C00 Games
Transferring Large Games
Homebrew and EMULATORS
HDD Support
Before installing anything at all, or doing anything at all, create a new email (or use a spare email you have) and create a new user on the PS3. Then go ahead and start a new PSN account with that email and verify it and so on.

This is due to the fact that there is a chance that you can ban your account. My account has not been banned BUT, follow this advice:

My Main Account:
Play my legit games I bought from PSN
Play online with my legit games I bought from PSN and my games on Disc.

My Throw away account:
Play “any” installed game
Play “any” installed game online
Cannot Load legit games after enabling the Hack to play the “installed games”.

If you follow the above advice, your “Main” account that you bought games from PSN from is safer (nothing is ever 100%, only death, and even then you can be revived if within a short time frame).

Got it?
Summary: Main account, legit stuff.. Second account, backups (even online gaming)
  • Create a new User for your PS3.
  • Login to your throw-away PSN account on your new user account.
  • Navigate the XMB to "Playstation Network/Account Management/Activate" and activate your console.
  • Logout of secondary PSN account.
  • Reboot/Shutdown.

Prepare a USB drive. I suggest something like 4 gigs and under, its easiest to either A. Buy it and keep it as Fat32 or B. Format it back to Fat32.

I actually used a 256 gig external and had to use a software to install it.. OVERKILL. Not necessary at all. Now I have it as a regular external drive I save all my backups and so on with. I use a small 4 gig whenever I want to do anything on my PS3.

• On your PC, download the PS3xploit Han Support Files from below.
    Code:
     PS3xploit source (because they keep themselves updated) http://ps3xploit.com/files/release/han_supportfiles.zip
  • Extract "han_supportfiles.zip" to the root of your USB drive.
  • Insert the USB drive into the right-most USB slot on your PS3 (USB closest to BluRay).

Now we want to run the first installation

• Boot console.
  • CHECK YOU ARE ON YOUR SECONDARY USER Account.
  • Open Browser and clear the cache, add
    Code:
    www.ps3xploit.com
    as the home page.
  • Navigate to Home.
  • Navigate menu at top of webpage and select "HAN Installer".
  • Once webpage has loaded, scroll down and select "Initialize HAN Installer".
  • Wait for "HAN Installer initialized successfully" in green letters. If it fails to initialize then close browser and start over from step 3.
  • Click "Launch HAN Installation".
  • HAN Installer will do its thing and then reboot
  • HAN is now installed on your PS3

Sweet, now we are back in the XMB

• Open Browser and it should open to the right place.
  • Navigate menu at top of webpage and select "HAN Enabler"
  • Once webpage has loaded, scroll down and select "Initialize HAN Enabler"
  • Wait for "HAN Enabler initialized successfully" in green letters. If fails to initialize then close browser and start over.
  • Select "Enable HAN"
  • Browser will close.
  • HAN is now enabled

Alright, later on, after doing some more steps, we are going to make sure we do not have to do this whole browser stuff to enable HAN all the time.

Dumping the original Act.dat and IDPS.hex is the guiding force behind signing all packages and installing them... like all packages… even bluRay discs to package.

Once you actually have these saved, make a copy of them again. Just in case.

IMPORTANT! We always want to log into the same secondary user account during all of this, and anything HAN.

• Navigate to Home in the browser (much easier than retyping the website all the time)
  • Navigate the menu and select "ACT/IDPS Dumper".
  • Select "Initialize ACT/IDPS Dumper” and wait for the green letters.
  • If failed, repeat. If successful, select "DUMP ACT.DAT and IDPS"
  • Your License has now been dumped to USB

Be sure to copy those two files to your computer (in your PS3 modding folder root) and back them up somewhere.
In this section we start with actual package installing and we do it with the HAN TOOLBOX.

This sweet thing will make it so we never have to open the browser and do all the fun HOME and initialize stuff anymore. Plus it has a demo downloader (downloading directly from PSN which is basically C00 games, and they can all be activated as full version automatically too).

WARNING: DO NOT use the File manager in Han ToolBox unless you know what you are doing.. if not, prepare to Reinstall an entire PS3 Image on the internal Hard drive.

You can download v0.4 from
Code:
 https://usersdownload.com/d3swpol9mycb.html
, copy the PKG to USB drive and insert into the rightmost USB.

• ENABLE HAN (using the browser, go to home, go to HAN enabler)
  • Then Navigate to Package Manager/Install Package Files/Standard
  • Install HAN Toolbox
  • Reboot Console

Now you can easily click on the folder “Han Toolbox” and then enable HAN in one click (none of that browser stuff anymore).

Now to “DEMO DOWNLOADS”

For the Demo Downloader feature to work correctly, a couple more steps are needed:

• Navigate the XMB to HAN Toolbox/ENABLE HAN
  • Navigate the XMB to HAN Toolbox/Toolbox Settings/Setup Update Demo List.
  • Select "Step 1", and tap X and select YES.
  • Let download and installation finish
  • Navigate the XMB to Toolbox/Toolbox Settings/Setup Update Demo List.
  • Select "Step 2"
  • Select the drop down menu "Select Source RCO File"
  • Scroll down the list and select "explore_plugin_full.rco"
  • Select the dropdown menu "Root Path"
  • Select "/dev/game/HANTOOLBX/USRDIR/files/"
  • Select "Initialize Flash RCO Replacer"
  • What for the green letters "...initialized successfully"
  • Select "Copy RCO File To Flash"
  • Allow console to fully reboot.

Now you can go to HAN Toolbox / Demo Downloader and scroll through games you can install directly without going to PSN

Later I will cover the cool one time install Unlocker for “MOST” of these types of games.

After you install it, most of these games will automatically turn into FULL Version games instead of demos.

The next few sections I cover how to Convert and install everything OLDER than the PS3.

We will need the following tools:

• PS3Tools by Aldotools - An AIO suite of tools. Please Google this for download.
  • PKG Resigned by Habib - A resigning tool to create signed PKGs. This folder is where you slap in your Dat and Hex files in rifgen-master folder. Download
    Code:
     https://github.com/PS3Xploit/PS3xploit-resigner/archive/master.zip
  • PSX Classics Tools - A few tools for converting PSX games. Download
    Code:
     https://usersdownload.com/5ujyr7ynjhdv.html
  • TrueAncestorRepacker - A repacker to pack your PSX content into PKGs. Please Google either 2.30 or 2.45 for download.

Now we want to keep things tidy, so here is how you may want to install things:

Some tools will give errors if filenames contain spaces. So if you try to create a game from:

"C:/……/Desktop/PS3Modding/Playstation 1/PSX Game 1.ISO"

It will fail because A. There is a space in "Playstation 1" and B. There are a few spaces in "PSX Game 1.ISO"

The correct file path would be:

"C:/ ……/Desktop/PS3Modding/Playstation1/PSXGame1.ISO"

• Extract PKG Resigner to PS3Modding folder
  • Copy your ACT.DAT and IDPS.HEX to "\ PS3Modding \PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master" folder
  • Extract PSX Classics Tools to PS3Modding folder.
  • Create new folder "TrueAncestor" in PS3Modding and unzip TrueAncestorRepacker into this folder
  • PS3Tools.exe may trigger your antivirus. If this happens, make an exception in your antivirus software or disable your antivirus while using the tools.
  • Install PS3Tools to your PS3Modding folder.
  • You may have some trouble opening "PS3Tools_Menu.exe". A message may appear saying "MSVBVM50.DLL" was not found. If you get this message, download and install
    Code:
     https://download.microsoft.com/download/vb50pro/utility/1/win98/en-us/msvbvm50.exe
    to fix this error.

Thus concludes tool setup for PS1 (though we use the Resigner for everything)
For PSX conversion you will need a few images for the 'look and feel' of your game within the XMB menu. There are 3 images in total but I only use 2.

ICON0.PNG - This is the icon of the game when highlighted in XMB

PIC1.PNG - This is the background image when highlighted in XMB

PIC0.PNG - This is the information box located in the bottom right of the screen when highlighted in XMB

You can download a set of blank templates from
Code:
 https://usersdownload.com/7e4hahcvaz1z.html

Edit as you wish. I usually use Photoshop or GIMP2 to import the game cover art onto the ICON0 template and export.

I then search Google images for a relevant image for the background, usually of in game play.

Any PNG can be used but filename must match the ones above and ICON must be 320x176 and background image 1920x1080.

CONVERTING THE ACTUAL ISO

I will be using GTA 2 as an example to run you through the conversion process.

• Rip/acquire your PSX to ISO (lots of places online to get your ISO’s for emulators)
  • Navigate to "\psx_classics\PSX2PSP 1.4" and select "Classic mode"
  • Click "Options" and move "Compression" Slider to 0
  • Save and close.
  • Reopen "Classic Mode"
  • Select your ISO file. For multi disk games, click the dropdown menu to add more disks.
  • REMEMBER. Name your files and directory's so they contain NO spaces.
  • Fill in the "Output PBP Folder" box (for ease, I set this to "\psx_classics\")
  • Check "Game Title" is correct (Grand Theft Auto 2)
  • Write down the games "GameID" (SLES01404)
  • Click "Convert"
  • Navigate to "\psx_classics\" and find the newly created folder of your game (Grand Theft Auto 2)
  • Copy/Move the "EBOOT.PBP" from this folder into "\psx_classics\" folder.
  • Drag "EBOOT.PBP" onto "make_psone_classic_metadata.exe" to make an ISO.BIN.DAT file.
  • Copy this and past it into notepad:
  • "make_npdata -e ISO.BIN.DAT ISO.BIN.EDAT 1 1 1 0 16 3 00 UP9000-TITLEID_00-0000000000000001 5"
  • Edit this command so it contains your "GameID" where "TITLEID" is. So in my GTA 2 example:
  • "make_npdata -e ISO.BIN.DAT ISO.BIN.EDAT 1 1 1 0 16 3 00 UP9000-SLES01404_00-0000000000000001 5"
  • Hold shift and right click an empty part of the "psx_classics" folder and select "Open command window here"
  • If you don't have "Open command window here", Google a guide to add it to windows.
  • Copy and Paste your edited command into the command window and hit Enter. You will receive a new file named "ISO.BIN.EDAT"
  • Copy ISO.BIN.EDAT to "\psx_classics\PS1 Classics PSN Work Folder\USRDIR"
  • Copy EBOOT.PBP to "\psx_classics\PS1 Classics PSN Work Folder\USRDIR\CONTENT"
  • Copy your ICON0.PNG, PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG to "\psx_classics\PS1 Classics PSN Work Folder\" (Optional)
  • Navigate to "\ps3tools\" and open "PS3Tools_Menu.exe"
  • Select "PARAM SFO Editor"
  • Click folder icon and open "PARAM.SFO" found in "\psx_classics\PS1 Classics PSN Work Folder\"
  • Edit "TitleID" (In my example "SLES01404")
  • Edit "Title" (In my example, "Grand Theft Auto 2")
  • Tick the "576 16:9" and "480 16:9" boxes for widescreen support.
  • Click Save and close PARAM.SFO Editor.
  • Rename "PS1 Classics PSN Work Folder" to your GameID, in my example "SLES01404"
  • Copy this whole folder to "\TrueAncestor\game", if "game" folder is not there, create it.
  • Open "Repacker.exe" in the "\TrueAncestor\" folder.
  • Select 1 (Fast PKG) and hit enter.
  • Your GameID should show up in the list. If not, your gameid folder is in the wrong place. Check your folder structure.
  • Select 1 and hit enter.
  • TrueAnsestor will take a few mins to repackage your game.
  • Once complete, a PKG will be contained within "\TrueAncestor\pkg"
  • Copy/Move this PKG to your resigner folder "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master"
  • Drag your PKG onto "ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe"
  • The resulting PKG will be your finished product!!
  • Copy to USB and insert into rightmost USB on PS3

Installing on the PS3

• ENABLE HAN!
  • Navigate XMB to "Game/Package Manager/Install Package Files/Standard"
  • Select your PKG and it will start the process of copying the PKG.
  • WAIT!! Please be patient, the "Please Wait" screen will take some time.
  • KEEP WAITING!! I know you think it hasn't worked but it is working
  • Once the "Please Wait" has gone, navigate the XMB to "Game/Package Manager/Playstation Network Content"
  • Here you will find the install for your PKG. Select it.
  • Wait for install process to finish.
Now for PS2 games (You can find a ton of ISO’s from emulator places as well)

You will need an ICON and PIC file for the 'look and feel'. Same parameters as previously explained in PS1 section.

You will also need an extra file:

- 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333.rap - Universal PS2 Classics RAP file. Google for download.

This file will ONLY Need to be signed and installed (1) time on the PS3, then from there, you will never have to install it again, and can skip this part in the instructions.

PS2 ISO Conversion

UPDATE: @aldostools has updated his Ps2classicgui application to now include configuration files. This will increase compatibility with certain ps2 titles.

You can find his updated tool
Code:
 https://usersdownload.com/5vc8pojuzp4z.html

It includes a large amount of configuration files for many games. Just update this folder in PS3 Tools if it is not already updated with it.

• Rip/Acquire PS2 to ISO
  • Open "PS3Tools_Menu.exe" located in "\ps3tools\" folder
  • Select "Conversion Tools"
  • Select "PS2Classics GUI"
  • Click the folder icon and select your ISO
  • Click "Encrypt"
  • If you get an error its more than likely you didn't read the part where I said DON'T USE SPACES in filenames and folders.
  • Once encrypted you will be asked to save an "ISO.BIN.ENC.BIN.ENC" file, save anywhere.
  • Locate this file and rename it to "ISO.BIN.ENC"
  • Go back to "PS2Classics GUI" window and click the "Make PKG" tab.
  • Right click on ICON, Background and Game title to change any of these to your liking
  • Click "Make PKG"
  • It will open the location you saved your "ISO.BIN.ENC”, select it.
  • Let the tool work some magic.
  • Once complete, your game PKG will be in the same folder as your "ISO.BIN.ENC"
  • Copy this PKG to "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master" folder
  • Drag PKG onto "ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe"
  • Copy resulting signed PKG to USB root

Preparing Universal RAP File (the file that I said we only need to install (1) time)

• Copy RAP file into "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master\raps" folder
  • Navigate to "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master"
  • Start "resign_all.bat"
  • Follow prompts in command window.
  • Copy "RIF000-INSTALLER_00-0000000000000000.pkg_signed.pkg" to USB Root

Installing it All

• Insert USB into rightmost port of PS3
  • Boot console
  • CHECK YOU ARE ON YOUR SECONDARY USER ACCOUNT
  • ENABLE HAN
  • Navigate package manager and install your game, and placeholder rif0000 PKGs
  • Once installed, PKGs can be deleted off USB.
  • PS2 Classics Universal RIF PKG only need to be installed ONCE.
This one, and the next are super simple.

PSP ISO Conversion

• Rip/Acquire your PSP to ISO
  • Select "PSP2PS3 GUI"
  • Click the "..." button next to file dialogue box and select your ISO (Remember NO spaces in filenames and folders)
  • The tool will automatically use the ICON, PIC1 and Game title from within the ISO
  • Click "Options"
  • Make sure that "PSP Remaster" is selected.
  • Click Convert
  • Let PSP2PS3 GUI do its thing
  • When prompted, click "Make PKG"
  • Let PSP2PS£ do more of its thing
  • When complete, the tool will open a folder containing the result.
  • Copy/Move the pkg into "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master" folder.
  • Copy resulting PKG to USB root

Installing (believe me, this process is almost always the same and it gets so you can do it blind folded)

• Boot PS3
  • ENABLE HAN!
  • Navigate XMB to "Game/Package Manager/Install Package Files/Standard"
  • Select your PKG and it will start the process of copying the PKG.
  • WAIT!! Please be patient, the "Please Wait" screen will take some time.
  • KEEP WAITING!! I know you think it hasn't worked but it is working
  • Once the "Please Wait" has gone, navigate the XMB to "Game/Package Manager/Playstation Network Content"
  • Here you will find the install for your PKG. Select it.
  • Wait for install process to finish.

Many games work, some games do not work “Well” like being slow, and some games do not work at all.
Exactly the same as PSP. Woo Hoo.
The following PS3 sections are Disc (or torrent/direct downloaded files), PSN games, and C00 games.
Let’s begin with BluRay:

For BluRay backups to work there must be an update available for your game.
If your game never received an update, you may be able to still install your game IF it was re-released in the PSN Store (covered later in this guide).
You can check if there is an available update by opening ps3tools and starting "PS3 Updates".
Type your game into the search field and the tool will tell you if one is available

There is also a BluRay CFW2OFW game compatibility list, but most of the games that say “Exclusive method” are easy to get as a PSN remake. The ones that say “No” are almost always a NO GO.

TOOLS:
  • You need CFW2OFWHelper
    Code:
    https://github.com/friendlyanon/CFW2OFW-Helper/releases/download/hotfix1/release.zip
  • And Make Backup PKG - This tool will take these 2 folders and create a game PKG and an Update PKG.
    Code:
     https://hax.b4k.co/ps3/han/make-backup-pkg.zip
Extracting Data from PS3 ISO
If your game is in ISO format, use a virtual disk utility to mount the ISO or you can use 7zip or other.
Whatever utility you use, we want to extract the contents into and empty folder.
Take note of where you saved the contents.

Downloading Update and Converting to PKG
  • Copy/Move the contents of your ISO to "\CFW2OFW Helper" folder
  • Run "CFW2OFW Helper.exe"

Last edited:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Wow this is a massive tutorial! Thank you so much buddy!

#sticked

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
  • CFW2OFW Helper will start to download the relevant update for your game.
  • It will create a folder with your Games title
  • Inside this folder are another 2 folders. "NPUB..." and "BLUS..." these may be different if your game region is different to my example.
  • Copy/Move these 2 folders into "\make-backup-pkg" folder.
  • Run "do.bat"
  • Leave the command window to do its thing.
  • When complete, you will have 3 PKGs that start with "000000-NPUB...." (filenames may vary)
  • Copy these 3 PKGs to "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master" folder
  • Sign each one by dragging each one onto "ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe"
  • Copy the resulting signed PKGs to USB root
Installing onto PS3
  • Insert USB into rightmost port of PS3
  • Boot console
  • ENABLE HAN
  • Navigate package manager and install all PKGs
  • Once installed, PKGs can be deleted off USB.
Alright..

So let’s explain the whole real fast, and then How to get the PSN Pkg and Rap files:

• Acquire your Game PKG
  • Acquire your Game RAP
  • Please note that game PKG and RAP are matching pair.
  • Copy/Move PKG into "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master"
  • Copy/Move RAP into "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master\raps"
  • Run "resign_all.bat"
  • Drag Game PKG onto "ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe"
  • Copy/Move your signed Game PKG and RIF000 PKG to USB root
  • Boot PS3
  • MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON YOUR SECONDARY USER ACCOUNT
  • Enable HAN
  • Install Game PKG and RIF000 PKG

That is the “Install part” in a nutshell.

The GETTING Part, you will need to look for “Look for psn stuff 3.7 by SlimShady451 ps3hax and ps4news” in Google.

Here is how to USE PSN Stuff:

• First, update the database by clicking the button.
  • Choose whatever game you want, and double click to see the file size.
  • Click on “RAP” to download its rap file.
    Click Download to download the package, OR “right-click” and add to downloads.
  • Click the “updates” tab to see if that game has updates and download them.
  • The Raps will be in Exdata and the games will be in Downloads.
    Then just follow the steps above.

In PSN Stuff you can get the PS1, PS2, PS3, PSN, PSP, PSVita, Mini, Demo, and C00 Games, the DLC packs, the wallpapers, themes, dynamic themes, license files, and even Avatars.
Don't forget to use your secondary user/psn account for this. We will be signing into psn and accessing the psn store.

You will need only one thing for this part.

- c00 Unlock PKG - This little PKG contains everything you need for this trick to work. You will have to Google this one to download it.

• Obtain "c00 Unlock PKG" from Google.
  • Copy/Move your downloaded PKG into "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master" folder
  • Drag your c00 PKG onto "ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe"
  • Copy/Move resulting signed PKG onto USB root
  • Plug USB into rightmost USB slot

Installing and enabling:

• Boot PS3
  • MAKE SURE YOUR ARE USING YOUR SECONDARY USER/ACCOUNT
  • ENABLE HAN!
  • Navigate Package Manager and install c00 PKG
  • Login to PSN
  • Start PSN Store
  • Search for your game
  • Download the Demo Version
  • Install the game just like any other PSN content game
  • Once installed, exit PSN Store
  • Logout of PSN Account
  • You have now completed enabling and downloading c00 games
A problem with the FAT32 file system is its 4GB file size limitation.

Not a problem with most PS1, PSP and a few PS2 games. But a vast majority of PS3 titles are much larger than 4GB.

That's where PKG Linker comes in handy.

WARNING: If you are USING SKYPE or any other software that uses Port 80, you need to change that or turn them off while trying to use Pkg Linker.

You will need to have your PS3 connected to the same network as your PC. A LAN connection to your router will be the best option.

You will also need this tool:

- PKG Linker - Used to host a network to transfer you PKGs. Download
Code:
 https://usersdownload.com/a19wfcwe3vjy.html

• Create a new folder in our PS3Modding folder and Copy/Move "PKG Linker.exe" into this folder.
  • Copy all your completed, RESIGNED PKGs and RIF files over 4 gigs into this folder also

Creating Package List PKG and Starting the Server

• Start "PKG Linker.exe"
  • Click "Yes" to export package list
  • Click "OK"
  • Click "Yes" to using built in server.
  • Click "OK"
  • Now follow the Apache install process leaving all settings default.
  • Leave "Run server now?" box unchecked
  • Click "Yes" to signing PKG
  • Let command do its thing and hit Enter twice to exit.
  • Click "OK"
  • Server will now start in a Command Window (Leave this open while you transfer PKGs)
  • Click "OK" in server confirmation window (Separate window from command window)
  • Navigate to "\PKGLinker\" folder and copy "Package_List.pkg" to root of USB
  • Insert USB into rightmost USB

Installing Package List

• Boot PS3
  • ENABLE HAN!
  • Navigate Package Manager on XMB and install "Package_List.pkg"
  • Navigate HAN Toolbox and select "Soft Reboot"
  • You will have a new entry in the XMB under HAN Toolbox.
  • Select "Install from Webserver"
  • Select each of your PKGs to install over the network.

Later you can do the same (remove the old pkg files and rifs, and then place new ones) by starting the Server again on the PC with the new files, then repeat the above installation steps.

If your receive error 80710092 then you are having connection issues. This could be one of many variables. This is not HAN related. This is your network/router/wifi/pc settings.
This section is still under watch and is kind of being built.

HAN does not natively support Homebrew, but there are working emulators at the moment taking advantage of the PS2 to PS3 features.

I include the working (the only one I have used so far) SNES instructions:

Here we will unpack the SNES Station ISO, add ROMs and repack the ISO using CDGenPs2.

• Download the prebuilt ISO from
    Code:
     http://www.mediafire.com/file/xjx3s340w4n0eby/ps2-emulator-no-roms-etHANol.iso
  • Download CDGenPS2 from
    Code:
     https://psp.brewology.com/downloads/get.php?id=6050
    and unpack into its own folder in our WORK folder.
  • Extract the ISO into PS3Modding\Emulator\ folder
  • Open CDGenPSP.
  • Drag the contents you extracted from your ISO into the big white space in CDGenPs2.
  • Drag any ROMs you want to try into the ROMS folder (you can grab tons of roms from emulator sites).
  • Click 'File' and select 'Save CD'
  • Save the "imagen.bin" image to the \PS3Modding\ folder.
  • Select "PS2Classics GUI"
  • Click the folder icon and select your "imagen.bin"
  • Click "Encrypt"
  • If you are asked to add LIMG, select YES.
  • Once encrypted you will be asked to save an "ISO.BIN.ENC.BIN.ENC" file, save anywhere.
  • Locate this file and rename it to "ISO.BIN.ENC"
  • Go back to "PS2Classics GUI" window and click the "Make PKG" tab.
  • Right click on ICON, Background and Game title to change any of these to your liking
  • Click "Make PKG"
  • It will open the location you saved your "ISO.BIN.ENC" , select it.
  • Let the tool work some magic.
  • Once complete, your game PKG will be in the same folder as your "ISO.BIN.ENC"
  • Copy this PKG to "\PS3xploit-resigner-master\rifgen-master" folder
  • Copy resulting signed PKG to USB root
  • Boot Ps3, enable HAN, install PKG, boot game
  • Navigate the "CDROM/Roms" directory to find your list of games.
  • If you get messed up graphics, turn "Interlace" off in SNES Station options
Alright, so HDD support (installing on external hard drive) is not currently supported, however, whispers say it should soon be on the way. Will update when it gets here.

I currently want this as well as I delete games from my PS3 every few days because I max out the internal HDD.
Well,

Thank you for reading this long drawn out guide.

Everything in here I have tried, accomplished, and have NOT bricked my PS3 Super Slim.

I plan on getting the XBOX 360 again, because its modded as well, and the PS4 4.5 to 4.55 because it is also modded to a degree..

Read everything 2 times, then try it out.. Nothing above should do any harm to your console, and everything works, because I have done it.

For added measure, you can check out 2 specific videos to help out with using HAN on the console.

PS3xploit v3 HAN: Install backups on Super Slim \ All PS3 consoles

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEr_V6hB_L0&t=1170s
PS3xploit v3 PS3 Games: HAN Toolbox, 4GB+ Files, Easy RIF Activation, Bluray to PKG, c00 Unlocks

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKs7uggiIw&t=831s
@Sbenny Thanks for the sticky, as well, thanks for replying. It would not let me keep adding new posts to the thread (maybe because of character count) no matter what I did. I believe it was combining the posts, and then wouldn't accept more, until this morning after you replied.

To all who read this.. It took a while, but there it is, the current version of what I have done, and what I know about the PS3 HAN hack for the PS3 at the moment.

If anything changes (I am on the lookout for the "best working version" of Sega and other emulators) or we can actually install to HDD, I will add to this thread.

Feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:

reed265

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
i will stick my nose here. if only you made this faster bro, lol, i sold my ps3 last year because i couldn't hack it.

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Lol. @reed265 Well, the hack didn't come out until March 15th 2018. But, the good news? All PS3 consoles are super cheap now.. so if you want free online gaming (instead of mandatory ps plus on ps4) then its not difficult.

KylePr0

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
@johnhern With HAN and all that what you have been saying and with all these new methods are we allowed run .pkg and mod games like MOD Menu on GTA and cod and etc etc. Let me know ASAP

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Sorry yes you can use the MOD Menu in GTA 5 and yep .pkg files are what you turn ps3 cfw games into to install on ofw but pretty much yes everything is signed pkg

Edit i haven't tried mod menus in cod will do that myself as well. I am itching to see if having a mod menu bans from online because mod menu isn't even working in GTA 5 online for me but offline tes. I still have to look fourther into those myself because I dont play too much.. My job plus my country may have a civil war soon. So.....

Last edited:

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Update: since the update of 4.83 (why don't is still messing with ps3 I have no clue) han doesnt work.

If you have han do not update.

I will post a new han update when it is available for 4.83.

If you are still on 4.82 use han offline enabler.

I personally use kws for android or a server for my laptop and launch han from there.

You cannot go online until the release for 4.83 goes live. It might take awhile.

If you update to 4.83 then you lose han features .

SKY1000

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thanks for the well detailed tutorial. I love exploits for the ps3 console and hope you keep bringing more.

BabeintheWoods

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
i wonder if this still works? ill have to do a ton of research on my part i guess lol

cissamannen

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
VIP
✔ Approved Releaser
Member for 8 years
i wonder if this still works? ill have to do a ton of research on my part i guess lol
Works on 4.84 now. Though HEN is the s**t now, not HAN. Its mostly the same setup, but a quick google search will send you to correct info.

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
I tried various methods to jailbreak my ps3, with no success until I tried using the HEN method. While it still can't get any cfw to work, installing HEN can be done on the regular ofw or by installing hfw (hybrid firmware); I believe hfw is recommended. The difference being, as far as I can tell, is with cfw you have less of a chance of being detected whilst playing onIine, if you take certain precautions (like installing some files or program(s) that hides the hack you've implemented). I think this is just due to the hfw exploit being much newer than cfw -- in time, such precautionary coding ought to come out that gives similar security to hfw consoles.

The great thIng about installing hfw and HEN, apart from being universally compatible with all ps3 models including super slim, is that it is much, much easier to install than the above listed HAN method, or any other cfw installation. The downside is that it doesn't provide all the features that a fully hacked console can unlock. Think of it as a difference between using a hacking tool, like lucky Patcher (or Sbenny Patcher), versus gaining full root access to a mobile device. Using tools like LP will work for a lot of what the average Joe would want to do, as far hacking a game or app goes. But gainIng full root access, which is a much more difficult and arduous process that also carries a higher risk of turning your device into a useless brick, will yield a greater prize at the end; that being, absolute access to the full potential of any given device. Same thing with HEN, which should allow any ps3 console to play any other Playstation game, from ps1 to ps3 (it can't turn it into newer hardware so you can play ps4 games or anything above ps3; nothing can do that, lol!), as well as run various homebrew and emulators, but lacks the customization that comes with installing cfw.

Last edited: