Purge old names.

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,043 happy users since 2014.
Register

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
I'm not sure if this is already implemented. (If it is I'm sorry.)
My suggestion is to purge accounts that are old but extremely inactive,
to give new members more freedom in choosing their names.

I'm sorry if this suggestion sounds insensitive but last time I checked there was an incident where people made multiple accounts to cheat the SB Points system.
That could mean that there is a lot of names that are no longer available.

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 4 years
I fully support this!! :D

It might be "insensitive", sure, but even goverments and banks force you to show yourself regularly to not declare you fertilizer! xD Time to do a census!!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Well, I might implement something like this by sending an e-mail asking users to login to confirm they're still active, or have that account deleted, but unsure about how old accounts should be in order to delete them if inactive. I've seen people leave for 2 years and then come back active later.

Mark A

Member for 6 years
Well, I might implement something like this by sending an e-mail asking users to login to confirm they're still active, or have that account deleted, but unsure about how old accounts should be in order to delete them if inactive. I've seen people leave for 2 years and then come back active later.
I see,
maybe give former VIPs and donators an immunity to this (like an added perk or privilege),
since they did support the forum at some point.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
I think maybe if users would like to request a new name that has been taken by an inactive member, they can reach out to a staff member. Then we could try reaching out to user and see if they respond to the PM in a week, if they don't we just edit their name, that way they don't lose their stuff, but we can add a few numbers onto the end to free it up.

Mark A

Member for 6 years
I think maybe if users would like to request a new name that has been taken by an inactive member, they can reach out to a staff member. Then we could try reaching out to user and see if they respond to the PM in a week, if they don't we just edit their name, that way they don't lose their stuff, but we can add a few numbers onto the end to free it up.
Great idea!

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 4 years
This actually makes a lot of sense!!! :eek: Nice one, Mufasa!!

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Heya,
At this time your suggestion cannot be immediately implemented. After reviewing it we have added it to our list for potential future projects to see if something like this can become available in the future. I am closing your suggestion for now, but If we are able to implement it, we will send you a PM to let you know.
I hope you have a great day!