✅ Solved Question concerning the publishing of APKs

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,832 happy users since 2014.
Register

ScealcLigt

174th Divisione Scealc van der Ligt
Member for 4 years
Can I use a zip file when publishing apks?
In here, I really don't have unlimited cellular data, so compressing apks to a minimum would help me a lot.
To make things worse, I came in higher bills in cellular data since i started using sbenny, so if the staff finds a way to reduce this websites data consumption, it would be very great.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
You are talking about .apk or .apks to be specific ?

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Both of them, but for the moment, the software in question are .APK files
You can just extract the app first . Then zip it with Maximum compression then rename back from .zip to .apk .
If you got any parsing error or something . You can try applying zip alignment before extracting and after renaming zip to Apk.

ScealcLigt

Member for 4 years
Then I assume it will reduce the file size if the particular APK?

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years

ScealcLigt

Member for 4 years
So when I release apk files, I can use a zip file to reduce storage consuption?

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
So when I release apk files, I can use a zip file to reduce storage consuption?
If you use the method I said it will be already highly compressed. No need to re zip again. And also zipping a already compressed file is not that useful.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
We're talking about zipping an already zip file, which doesn't really give relevant advantages. An apk file is a compressed archive, already, so there's rarely benefit in re-compressing it.

By the way, our rules clearly specify this isn't allowed, due to the difficulties some users might find when trying to understand how to install it.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
Does Zip Aligning an Apk provide optimization?

ScealcLigt

Member for 4 years
We're talking about zipping an already zip file, which doesn't really give relevant advantages. An apk file is a compressed archive, already, so there's rarely benefit in re-compressing it.

By the way, our rules clearly specify this isn't allowed, due to the difficulties some users might find when trying to understand how to install it.
Hehe, thabk you for the requested answer.

Eden

Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Approval Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Hi there,

I'm closing this question and moving it to Answered Questions as this question has been resolved. If you have any other questions please post them in our Questions Area.

Thank you!