💬 Review Red Rising Series by Pierce Brown

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,722 happy users since 2014.
Register

zlez94

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Red Rising Series by Pierce Brown

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): 📖 Exclusive eBook Download - Red Rising (Red Rising Series Book 1 - 5) by Pierce Brown

Set in the far future where humans have colonised the solar system, and humans become genetically engineered and are assigned colours to designate their role/class in the world. Unfortunately for most of "the society" the class system is pyramidal, where the top of the pyramid are Golds who rule everyone else and dictate how the solar system is ran.

Review:
The color class in society goes like this:
High colors: Gold (rulers/bosses of society)
Mid colors: Yellow: Doctors Orange: Engineers/Mechanics
Low Colors (all slaves): Pinks: sex slaves Obsidian: big bulky soldiers Reds: Miners & manual labourers

As the title of the book suggests, the Red Rising series is focused on the Reds, who are at the very bottom of the pyramid and are slave miners. The reds originate from ireland and are the first set of people to go to Mars - they are the ones who did all the mining and were told that the work they are doing is to terraform mars but it is revealed in the book that Mars was terraformed a long time ago and the work they are doing is Helium just for profits.
The first trilogy focuses on one character, a Red who experiences some personal trauma (spoiler I won't reveal) who decides to join a Rebel Group who's goal is to bring down "The Society". This Red undergoes genetic engineering/manipulation so that he looks and thinks like a Gold. The first book is about him attending the elite school for the Golds and this is basically like a Hunger Games but with 12 houses (50 people in each).

Would you recommend this to other users? Honestly this series is the best god dam book I have ever read, I have never felt more emotionally involved in the story of a book ever and this is being made into a TV show and will become the next Game of Thrones, yall better read it soon!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐