Refund for broke games

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,723 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hb800

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I this it's fucked up that we spend our SB Points on games and they don't work and we don't get a refund or have to pay all over again. This is not fair. We as the traffic of the site keep it going and I really don't think that's right on the devs behalf. I've had this problem a few times and received no help or comment just a link to download it again but had to pay again 😤😤😤! Not cool!!

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
(This is a personal opinion.)
I personally never experienced double-pay on a single apk; Since once a person unlock the download link that person can download that content multiple times. (I done it before.)
The only time the link get locked after already unlocking it, is when the original post have been edited.

We can't expect all the mods to work and that all apks are compatible to all devices, exactly why each game/app release threads have "Polls" (Asking "Does it work?") and why the forum also ask it's members what device(s) they use. The forum is asking it's members to try and rate apks; It's one of the things we, as members are expected to do.

The best thing to do is read the comments, look at the poll(s) and check the original apk.
(It's current version, comparability, size and the feed-back of other people.)

Again this is only a personal opinion;
If ever Sbenny choose to give refunds, I won't stop him~ Haha~

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Before I begin, I would just like to say that I am sorry for your frustration. We don't really allow open swearing in the main forum, so moving forward, please refrain from swearing in main posts. I understand that sometimes things don't always work and that it can be frustrating. I can help you take a look at it. Which mods were not working?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Allowing refunds on link unlocks would open a very huge list of problems:

• Users might ask for a refund when it's instead because they didn't follow the installation instructions properly
• Users might ask for a refund when it's instead because the game isn't compatible with their devices
• Users might ask for a refund when downloaded an outdated app without checking it first, as expressly asked to confirm before proceeding to unlock the download link
• Each refund would have to be processed and verified, which would involve many people (we should expect over 100 refund requests every day) and a lot of time invested in this
• Processing refunds would mean having to manually deduct the author's percentage and manually send the full amount to the buyer, which is quite time consuming and could not be done by everyone, as it might lead to people abusing this feature

I'm not here to affirm all mod apk files work, so the current system we have might not be the ideal, but I tried my best to avoid problems:

• Implementation of a rewarding poll (gives 10 SB Points every time) with feedbacks from all users who already downloaded the app which should give a clear idea to users before downloading/unlocking the mod apk to know wether it worked or not
• The notice to give a feedback after trying a mod apk (above the editor, I created a script which displays that notice only in pertinent areas of the forum)
• A system which rewards users even for doing nothing every day (we send 30 SB Points, and increasing rewards planned, simply for loggin' in every day)
• Many communication ways on the site (mobile/bottom chat, forum's main chat, forum's private chat, forum's private conversation system) which might be used from users to directly ask thread authors or users which downloaded their contents, in order to know if it works fine or not before unlocking it

This said, I'm not happy to deny your request to implement a refund system, but I hope you'll understand my reasons and all the problems related to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.