💬 Review Revival by Stephen King

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,037 happy users since 2014.
Register

Baklatalagaako

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Revival by Stephen King

A dark and electrifying novel about addiction, fanaticism, and what might exist on the other side of life. In a small New England town, over half a century ago, a shadow falls over a small boy playing with his toy soldiers. Jamie Morton looks up to see a striking man, the new minister.

Review:
Revival by Stephen King. It has been a very long time ever since I have read that novel. Since I had nothing two do the whole week, I did read some books. And this was one of those books.
Back then, I had a phase where whenever I think of Stephen King, I would think of "thickness". We all know that his books have this show not tell and very horrific scenes that becomes worse when the scene is very detailed, like so detailed that you can vividly imagine it. I'm kind of that person and every now and then, I would have this wild arse dream where I think I am having a 'Stephen King dream'. Anyway, I did wonder if all his books are very thick. After years of wandering around, I did found some, but, it was still hella think lol lol. But, Revival, Dolores Claiborne, and The girl who loved Tom Gordon are one of his thinnest books around. I have not yet searched for more as because of quarantine.
I would think that Revival would be as creepy as the others, but, it was only about a minister who was a fanatic about bringing back others to life, and some things that are involved that I can not say since I do not want one more spoiler. Revealing what kind of minister is he is enough.
“It will get boring in the start but all the good stuff is almost there”
From the start, it was quite boring. I think it was just because characters were being introduced and they are described as who they are by backstory. From then on, people you think you know are nice, are not very nice. At all.
There were a lot of twists and turns here. Some people do not like complexities like for every problem, more and more problems arise and only one answer was needed to be solved- like these types of books. But, twists and turns sometimes get really complicated that you do not know what the hell is happening until the end. Like, you do not know what the hell the book is. But, in this book, I think the complexity was enough. It was not as creepy as others, but, it was still something you know? Something in a good way.
This is more of a suspense book rather than creepy. But, I really liked it.

Would you recommend this to other users? If the readers like suspense books and more of "show not tell", this is a perfect book for them.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐