[Root] Honkai Impact 3 FPS Hackable! 90 FPS? 120+ FPS Possible for Android?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,416 happy users since 2014.
Register

Hazerou

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Notice;
1.) When trying to do this, it's better to use a dummy guest account in the game to avoid getting banned (if they'll do it).

2.) My phone Is Lenovo Z5 Pro GT Rooted with Magisk and my Screen Refresh Rate is 60Hz.
3.) And yes I know there's a 120 FPS for PC.

So I found a way to manually edit the Frame Rate for Honkai Impact 3 by using an app called APK Editor Pro v1.6.12
PicsArt_08-06-07.28.14.jpg

I opened the app and chose Honkai Impact 3 from "Select Apk from App" and chose "Edit Data [ROOT]"
Screenshot_2020-08-07-20-44-49-0923974488.png

Then I go to "Preference" tab and opened "com.miHoYo.bh3oversea.v2.playerprefs"
PicsArt_08-06-07.51.54.jpg

Then I opened "GENERAL_DATA_V2_PersonalGraphicsSetting"
PicsArt_08-06-07.53.22.jpg

Then Scrolled down on the Value and found two interesting stuff, the Frame Rates!

Note : The two 45 from the Screenshot
was 60 Before because I use 60 FPS in my Game Settings.
PicsArt_08-06-07.40.44.jpg

And now look at this! My FPS is now at 45 because I edited it!

Note : My FPS Counter is GlTools v4.02
PicsArt_08-06-07.49.57.jpg

So my curiosity kicks in and my question is;
1.) Is there an even Higher FPS option in the Game Settings if you have a 90Hz or higher Refresh Rate Phone?

2.) What if we edited the value to 90 FPS, 120 FPS or 144 FPS on a Rooted Android Device (Which is powerful enough) that has a 90Hz, 120Hz or even 144Hz? Will it work?
Guys! If you have such device, pls let me know if it's Possible. Thanks in advance!

Another Method on how to edit it;
If you can read and write the Android's Root Folder, here's the file location;

/data/data/com.miHoYo.bh3oversea/shared_prefs/com.miHoYo.bh3oversea.v2.playerprefs.xml

Then edit those two 60 (or 30 = if that's what on the settings) to whatever value you want and see if it works.
PicsArt_08-09-01.42.41.jpg

Last edited:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
For those without root, I think I would be able to provide a mod which hacks FPS as well, nice work!

Hazerou

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Nice! That would be great! We will look forward to it.
Also appreciate the response from the master himself:LOL:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I think setting a higher value would automatically stick to a lower value, depending on the device type, but I might be wrong.

Let me explain:

Setting, for example, 120 FPS, would mean the game CAN run at max 120FPS, but it doesn't mean it will always run at 120FPS, it's just the limit, which should adjust automatically depending on the load, so it's like removing the upper limit if my theory is correct, allowing every device to use all its memory to make you play with the highest FPS possible.

But there's a downside, which I think is the reason developers put a limit, which is.. BATTERY DRAIN.

Generally speaking, over 90FPS you shouldn't notice any difference, especially on a mobile device, but assuming you'd have the most powerful smartphone ever, even able to play at 200FPS, you'd probably get no advantage at all as the graphics would be already super smooth at 90FPS, but instead you'd get a high battery drain, as the phone would be using way more resources than required to play the game smoothly, hope it makes sense :)

Hazerou

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Thanks for the tip! And yes I'm aware of example putting the Frame Rate to 90 will not make it stuck to 90 FPS, it depends on your device if it can handle it(and has a 90Hz or above Screen Refresh Rate).
And yes Battery will drain faster and Phone will heat more when using higher Frame Rates.

And yes I think 90 FPS would be a little bit safer to use instead of 120 FPS.

And also R.I.P. my English:geek: