Rooting your Android phone!!

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,726 happy users since 2014.
Register

Lordkyoukan

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hello all today I will talk about steps used to root Android on any device that's running Android 2.3 to Android 10!

First we need to get together the tools and information of the device.

So for example I have a LG k20 plus.
So I need to go to settings and find my phone's Android version which is found under settings about phone. I'm running Android version 7.1.2
good so we know what version our phone is running now while in the about phone section we need to find the Build number and tap on it till developer options is activated.
after the developer options is activated we need to go to settings developer options and in developer options we need to find 2 things oem unlocking and USB debugging and make sure they are turned on then we need to go to a PC and download software.
the software we will need will be Android debug bridge utility. Or the Android sdk tool package from the Android studio website.
download the command line tools only there's versions for windows Mac and linux.
next we're going to need to install device drivers for your device in my case I need LG device drivers so go to the LG website and get the device drivers and install them.
next we need to find a Twrp compatible with our device so go to the team win website and download the compatible Twrp custom recovery for your device then we need to find a custom os or rom to put on the phone so head over to the lineage website and grab the version of the rom best suited for your device.
then go over to the gapps website and grab the gapps version for your android version that the new os is.

Now!

we need to connect the phone to the PC that has all the software mentioned.

while connected to the PC we need to put the phone into fastboot mode there's 2 ways to do this use the adb command line tool in command prompt and type the command
Code:
 adb reboot fastboot
press enter and wait for the phone to reboot into fastboot or turn off the phone and press the power and hold the volume down button as it turns on causing it to power into fastboot mode.

once in fastboot mode we need to flash the new recovery to the phone so take and put the Twrp file you download in a folder where your fastboot.exe is located and type the command in the terminal
Code:
 fastboot flash  recovery twrp.img
press enter wait for the process to finish then use the code in terminal
Code:
 adb reboot recovery
now the phone should be on the custome recovery page. Look at that you've almost fully rooted your device good job.

now!

we need to install the new os and gapps to the phone
so put the os you download from lineage onto your phone using the mount option in twrp recovery so your pc can find your device and copy the files to your device via drag and drop the same with the gapps file both are .zip files.

Steps to flash a custom ROM on any Android device using TWRP recovery

1. First, you will need to download and transfer the custom ROM you wish to flash to your device’s storage.
  2. Next, boot your device into TWRP recovery.
  3. Select the “Wipe” option from the TWRP main menu and enable a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
  4. Note: This will factory resets your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then you can skip this step.
  5. Go back to the TWRP main menu, tap on the “Install” option and select the custom ROM’s .zip file that you transferred to your device earlier (Step 1).
  6. After selecting the .zip file, enable “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. Be patient as this might take some time.
  7. Once your custom ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll notice the “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then enable “Swipe to wipe” from the bottom of the screen.
  8. One the above action completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System.
  9. You are done! Your device will now reboot with the custom ROM that you flashed. It might take some time to rebuild cache and finish boot as it is the first reboot after the custom flash. So do not panic if it takes a little longer for the Reboot process to complete.

look at that you rooted your Android amazing job!!

Now!!

we need superuser access so grab the superuser zip file and install it via twrp recovery so you can use root and grab the apps from this post and install them on the phone like any other apk file and run them to help with the process.

so that's superuser x pro and busy box pro
Open the apps and press the install button on both of them they will install to the system of your phone allowing for root.

then in order to turn on root we need to navigate to the settings and reactivate developer options and oh wait look at that a new option appeared

"Root access"

now we can toggle it on and off at our leisure!!

Enjoy your Rooted device!!

Sign Up for Free or Login to view this content. Since you're viewing the AMP-accelerated version of our website which doesn't store login cookies, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the "View Non-AMP Version" button first, thanks!

BusyBox Pro.apk - SBUpload - The next-gen File Hosting

Websites used to get software needed
Code:
https://twrp.me

https://lineageos.org

https://opengapps.org

https://developer.android.com/studio

Last edited:

Lordkyoukan

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
If you need help message me!!