Running Root Apps On An Unrooted Device

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,165 happy users since 2014.
Register

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
Hey all. I just came across an amazing new app. It allows unrooted devices to run root apps. It is basically an android emulator for android. It's called VMOS.

The following guide is a copy and paste from Google. I didn't write this. The below guide is very good and rewriting it was not needed.

Contents
  • 1 What is VMOS
  • 2 Requirements
  • 3 Download
  • 4 Create a Fake Phone Environment
  • 5 Root Support
  • 6 Multiple Accounts:
  • 7 Easily Import App from your Primary Device
What is VMOS
VMOS is a virtual machine that allows you to run the Android OS inside your primary Android device. It is similar to VMware for PC or Android Developer Studio provided by Google. VMOS contains the entire Android system, based on Android Lollipop (5.1.1) within itself. You just have to run it as any other normal APK and let the app do the rest.

The best part about this application is whatever action you perform, it remains within this app only. It will have no effect as such on your device. In case if something happens to your device, i.e. by installing a rooted app or for any reason whatsoever, simply uninstall VMOS.

So let us now have a look at what all could be done using this app. But before downloading the app, have a look at the requirements needed for this app to run. Please make sure that your device meets these requirements, otherwise, you may experience lags while using the app.

Requirements
  • RAM: At least 3GB of RAM is recommended.
  • Internal Storage: Minimum 32GB
  • Android Version Required: Android 5.1.1 or above
Download
Create a Fake Phone Environment
VMOS UI

VMOS creates a working Android environment, with pre-installed apps such as Google Apps, Contacts, Call Logs, Browser, Downloads, File Browser, etc. It runs on Android 5.1.1 as a native OS with all its functions, features, UI exactly similar to what the native Android provided. This includes the Notification panel, Settings menu, etc. Not only this, you could even use the Play Store to install any of your preferred apps. Just make sure to sign in with your primary Google ID.

Root Support
Now comes the most interesting part of the guide on how to run root apps on any unrooted device. The virtual machine that you create in VMOS could be rooted as well. This allows you to use any of the rooted applications inside it. The best part? It wouldn’t affect your primary device in any way whatsoever. When you root your device, it is limited to this app only. Your device remains unrooted and warranty remains intact. This way, you could use all the rooted apps without even rooting your device.

Follow the below steps to root your device (all the below steps are to be performed inside the VMOS app only):

1. Go the Settings option.
  2. Navigate to About phone.
  3. Tap on Build number 7 times.
  4. Go back to Settings and select Developer options.
    Developer options Android lollipop
  5. Under the Debugging section, enable the ROOT toggle.
  6. Restart the app once.
VMOS Root Access

That’s it. Root access is now available on your virtual machine. Now give various rooted apps and Magisk modules a try. Moreover, if you need to check whether the simulator has been successfully rooted, you may use the Root Checker app for the same.

Multiple Accounts:
VMOS Multi Window

Using this app, you could run two different versions of the Android System. As a result, it gives you the ability to duplicate apps and use two different accounts of the same app simultaneously. For example, you could use your primary device to manage your personal account and at the same time manage your work profile inside VMOS. Another useful feature of this app is the ability to run in a floating window, which makes it even more easy to manage both the Android System simultaneously.

Easily Import App from your Primary Device
You could easily install your preferred apps from the Play Store in the VMOS. But if all of these are already installed on your primary device, it makes no sense to re-install them on the VMOS environment. This not only leads to time wastage but will also take a lot of effort to manually search and install each app again.

VMOS handles this very well. It provides you with the option to import all the apps from the primary device over to its own app, with just a single click. Here is how it could be done:

Import Apps

1. Swipe up to enter the home screen.
  2. Select the File transfer app.
  3. Tick mark the apps which need to be imported.
  4. Finally, click on Import.
  5. All the selected apps will now be installed on the VMOS app as well. It will definitely take some time, depending on the number of apps you selected and its size.
So with this, we conclude this guide on how to run root apps on any unrooted device.

Side Note.
I've installed this on my Razer Phone 2, running unrooted Android 9 OS and so far so good.
I'm able to run Game Guardian, Titanium Backup, Lucky Patcher and more.
I've only run into one issue with LP. After applying a inAppPatch, nothing pops up in the game when I click on an IAP package.
I may have missed installing somethings or it could just my phone.
I'll keep you guys updated. Aside from needing a powerful device, this looks like it may be a very helpful tool for those who can't root or those who don't want too.

dl5614

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 7 years
Thx for sharing good information!:)

Marine817

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Hi, thanks for sharing! I wanted to know if you've tried uninstalling this app yet and if so, have you run into any problems? I'm actually ready for a new phone, one that I can root. My old LG Tribute HD has been almost impossible to root. So this app might be fun! If it does the trick I might stay with LG, just a newer version. Thanks again!

Axiom

From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
No issues so far. I uninstalled it just to see what happens. Nothing serious. Obviously you loose any game data and such installed on the virtual environment but nothing happened otherwise.

Marine817

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Ok great! Thank you for checking! And sorry about any game data you lost.

Darom

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 4 years
Unfortunately, the link appears to be dead, I'll try to get another source, anyway thanks for sharing this.

Deerp

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Be very wary of this app. It's Chinese in origin and insists on permissions to access IMEI information. This app has a logcat report saved to your internal sd card that is being constantly updated whenever you're connected to VMOS to monitor everything you do. It stores sim card number, what internet connections you make within the app and to whom, tracks what apps you've got downloaded on your phone and even uploads this report direct to TenCent via their Bugly SDK.

It also regularly uploads this report to their servers. I have gone through this logcat and it's truly frightening what information they have from you. If you insist on using this app, do not under any circumstances connect to your Google account, especially if you have Google Pay on it.

Their web browser is seriously outdated and cannot be updated unless you mod the framework-res APK. When you use their browser, you will have constant SSL certificate errors and the reason for this is the web servers VMOS use only allow cached SSL instead of actual certificates so they fail regularly as they are out of date.

I have proof of all this and made an official complaint to them because on their FAQ, they insist no private information is being collected yet I have seen it in black & white. I'm uploading sample screenshots for your perusal.
Screenshot_20200129_075544_nextapp.fx.jpg
Screenshot_20200129_075534_nextapp.fx.jpg
Screenshot_20200129_075217_nextapp.fx.jpg
Screenshot_20200129_063155_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200129_063226_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200129_075544_nextapp.fx.jpg Screenshot_20200129_075534_nextapp.fx.jpg Screenshot_20200129_075217_nextapp.fx.jpg Screenshot_20200129_063155_com.android.chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200129_063226_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

666deus

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
I thought this is a safe software as sandboxes for an android system, but the last post creating fear on me. Do you have news about ? Because i throught it's a verry good idea for rootless system, but if this app had security problems, i don't want this. Security is more important than a virtual OS...

Axiom

From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
I've had no issues myself with it and I've had it for a few months now.

AllenYu1984

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
VMOS was totally awesome, because I hate to root my phone and causing to soft brick and void warranty. おかげであなた Axiom 💗💗💗💗💗

boSShack3R

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
ey thnx 4 tha badda$$ info by chance do u has tha apk info