💬 Review Samsung Galaxy S6 Active by OrientalBlade

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,496 happy users since 2014.
Register

OrientalBlade

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Reviewed Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Description
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Active is the 6th generation of Samsung's main flagship S series of smartphones that was released on 12 June 2015. The difference of an Active compared to a standard S6 is in terms of durability. The active is shock resistant of up to 4 feet of being dropped and is water resistant of up to 4 meters being submerged in water. It also has three navigation keys unlike a S6 where it is all touch screen. The screen size is 5.1 inches and it has the same processing power of a standard S6. All of the hardware for an Active is identical to a S6 counterpart which includes 3 GB of ram through an octa-core processor. The camera is 16 megapixels with one front facing and one back facing. Although a difference is the battery size for a Active at 3,500 mAh compared to a 2,550 man for the standard S6. The active also a quick access key on the side to activate the camera, compass, weather, or fitness app in a timely manner.

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐

Things I like
The thing I like most about the phone is it's ruggedness. I have dropped it more times for it to come completely unscathed. For example, it fell 5 feet and landed on a metal rung with the screen making directly contact and it didn't get a scratch or crack from it. Also for it to be waterproof for up to 4 meters at a time when most phones were not still was an added bonus.

Things I don't like
The one thing I don't like about the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active is the fact that there is no way to expand storage for the device. There is no option to add a SD card and therefore your storage is stuck to what option you elect for the phone initally.

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
I would recommend this phone to others if they are looking for a cheap phone now days. However, this phone is 4 and half years old and is 5 generations behind the current series. Due to this age difference it's specifications are outdated and perhaps a newer generation phone would be better to get. The 4 and half years I have had my phone although have been a great experience as I got to explore the android platform by switching from Apple. I realized that android offered way more in terms of file managibility and being close to a full computer.

WIB

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Reviewed Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Description
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Active is the 6th generation of Samsung's main flagship S series of smartphones that was released on 12 June 2015. The difference of an Active compared to a standard S6 is in terms of durability. The active is shock resistant of up to 4 feet of being dropped and is water resistant of up to 4 meters being submerged in water. It also has three navigation keys unlike a S6 where it is all touch screen. The screen size is 5.1 inches and it has the same processing power of a standard S6. All of the hardware for an Active is identical to a S6 counterpart which includes 3 GB of ram through an octa-core processor. The camera is 16 megapixels with one front facing and one back facing. Although a difference is the battery size for a Active at 3,500 mAh compared to a 2,550 man for the standard S6. The active also a quick access key on the side to activate the camera, compass, weather, or fitness app in a timely manner.

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐

Things I like
The thing I like most about the phone is it's ruggedness. I have dropped it more times for it to come completely unscathed. For example, it fell 5 feet and landed on a metal rung with the screen making directly contact and it didn't get a scratch or crack from it. Also for it to be waterproof for up to 4 meters at a time when most phones were not still was an added bonus.

Things I don't like
The one thing I don't like about the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active is the fact that there is no way to expand storage for the device. There is no option to add a SD card and therefore your storage is stuck to what option you elect for the phone initally.

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
I would recommend this phone to others if they are looking for a cheap phone now days. However, this phone is 4 and half years old and is 5 generations behind the current series. Due to this age difference it's specifications are outdated and perhaps a newer generation phone would be better to get. The 4 and half years I have had my phone although have been a great experience as I got to explore the android platform by switching from Apple. I realized that android offered way more in terms of file managibility and being close to a full computer.

Get deals about the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active on eBay: