Sbenny's Secret Daily Login Requirements!

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,783 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 5 years
The goal of this thread is to have a (somewhat) official thread for deciphering Sbenny's daily login requirements, and in the end, give a defining answer to the question: "How to be an Active User?"

Let me start this off by sharing what we know so far,
Posted replies by Sbenny himself:
Code:
Notes:
active users will receive 25 SB Points every day they will login.
Please note the "Active User" status requirements is kept secret,
so we cannot share with you the requirements in order to be an Active User,
but generally speaking, if you're doing your part to help our community,
you'll automatically be upgraded to "Active User".
Also, the "Active User" role can be removed at anytime,
if certain criteria are not met,
and they will be checked daily, so this means you can be "Active User" today, and not tomorrow,
due to not being active the next day.
This post/quote can be found at: News: Daily Login SB Points is Back! Thread (Sbenny's post at page 1.)
And on the same thread, this other replies by Sbenny can be found:
You don't have to login every day to keep the active status, but being active should be a continuative thing, meaning if you stop being active, you'll also automatically lose the "Active User" upgrade.
No, unlocking a mod doesn't unlock the active user badge, and yes, you can lose the active user badge the same day you lost it, and vice versa, you can gain it the same day you lost it, but I cannot give details about this process. Daily login bonus will also not be removed if you already claimed it that day.
Being active doesn't mean posting a mod or making a review. We have over 170 different sections on this forum, it's technically impossible that you're unable to make something to help in 170 different topics we discuss about in the forum, so no, you're wrong on this. There's no way you're unable to make anything on here to help ;)

I didn't want to spoiler it too much, but the requirements are also dynamic, which means what works today to make a user an Active User, might not work tomorrow. So, if they find out the *secret recipe*, it doesn't mean the recipe won't change in the future. Ok, I talked too much already :p
That last quote is a HUGE hint!
"Active User" is a person that helps the forum?
Also now we have a new question to answer:
"What can make and force the requirements to change?"
If a lot of us finally figure out how to be active, will that force the requirements to change?
Knowing that the whole purpose of it is to make "active members" in the first place. (Probably not.)
It is also important to note, that the daily login SB Points is at Alpha-testing, it will probably see some changes regardless.

Let me know what you think and share what your idea of what Sbenny's replies meant to say.

Special Thanks to:
@deestasia
@DragaoNegro
@Lelya
@Another Coffee
For asking the right questions or saying the right things and getting Sbenny to reply; Giving this thread a head start.
And thanks to @Sbenny for replying.

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 4 years
Nice thread, mate!!! *-* Love this approach!
However, given that excitement is something of a common reaction (and rightly so!), i'll play for the Nay-sayers for the sake of discussing the merits of this new mechanic.

I'm a big fan of extrapolation!!!! ♥

So let's say that the "Active User" badge is a citizenship of sorts....
And that you don't know the requirements to get one...
And that you don't know the process by why it's given...
And that the requirements can change without warning or notifying you of it...
And that you don't know who or what is analizing who gets that citizenship and therefore control to prevent abuses or zealotry is a no-no...
And that you can lose that citizenship with no explanation (given that the requirements are dynamic and secret)...

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
One of the reasons requirements are dynamic is to avoid having users to know what they have to do in order to be upgraded to Active Users, which means, if in this thread you will get close to the secret recipe which unlocks the Active User badge, they might change again and again, in order to avoid users following a "to-do" list to be upgraded to Active Users only for that purpose.

I mean, being recognized as Active User should mean you're actively helping our beloved community, while having a list of steps to complete in order to unlock the title, would mean you're just following some steps to get more SB Points at the end of the day, which I honestly would like to avoid, as it should be a way to realize the importance of the "give and take" policy we tried to implement since the advent of SB Points.

This said, this thread is free to explore the various ways the "Active User" badge can be unlocked, but as explained in the official news thread, they're dynamic, so they might end up changing if we notice those who have the "Active User" badge aren't really that active, but instead found a trick to unlock the title without many efforts. I'm glad to see there's a lot of interest in this change, and I'll be glad to follow this discussion :)

Let me end my message saying the beta period is due to the fact I'm evaluating how *hard* it should be for users to get this title, depending on a list of factors which, in a way or another, make the user realize he's doing all this mainly to help, rather than unlocking a title, which should be at that point far less important for them, as they would've already learned there are so many other ways to earn a lot more SB Points which require far less efforts than unlocking this title.

Another Coffee

Member for 4 years
One of the reasons requirements are dynamic is to avoid having users to know what they have to do in order to be upgraded to Active Users, which means, if in this thread you will get close to the secret recipe which unlocks the Active User badge, they might change again and again, in order to avoid users following a "to-do" list to be upgraded to Active Users only for that purpose.

I mean, being recognized as Active User should mean you're actively helping our beloved community, while having a list of steps to complete in order to unlock the title, would mean you're just following some steps to get more SB Points at the end of the day, which I honestly would like to avoid, as it should be a way to realize the importance of the "give and take" policy we tried to implement since the advent of SB Points.

This said, this thread is free to explore the various ways the "Active User" badge can be unlocked, but as explained in the official news thread, they're dynamic, so they might end up changing if we notice those who have the "Active User" badge aren't really that active, but instead found a trick to unlock the title without many efforts. I'm glad to see there's a lot of interest in this change, and I'll be glad to follow this discussion :)

Let me end my message saying the beta period is due to the fact I'm evaluating how *hard* it should be for users to get this title, depending on a list of factors which, in a way or another, make the user realize he's doing all this mainly to help, rather than unlocking a title, which should be at that point far less important for them, as they would've already learned there are so many other ways to earn a lot more SB Points which require far less efforts than unlocking this title.
I had a feeling that making a roadmap was a doomed effort! :ROFLMAO:

HOWEVER! I would also take this chance to ask if the badge of "Active User" is destined to MOSTLY Active Modders and/or Uploaders, considering not even all current and/or latests top posters have the badge :eek:

THERE'S SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT, MY LIEGE! :eek:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
The post where I said 170 sections in bold characters should explain it already :) Not all of these 170 sections do require an upload from users or to make mods.

Another Coffee

Member for 4 years
The post where I said 170 sections in bold characters should explain it already :) Not all of these 170 sections do require an upload from users or to make mods.
Well it does say that there's no need to be a modder but it would appear that only certain areas are taken into account, considering what i mentioned earlier. For example @Mark A has been a constant in the matter involving the changes in the forum, news and overall a distinctive personality all over the forum and he is not getting the badge of User.
Which leads me to believe that the topics of "General", "Profiles", "Chat" and "Discussions" are of no significative influence to be considered a User :eek:
Don't want to guess too much since that would change the criteria but would it be accurate to say that a more especialized input is required? :eek:......blink reaaally slowly for "yes" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Well, I can say the chat is unfortunately not taken into consideration due to the fact there's no way I can have a script detect which chat messages can be considered good and constructive and which aren't, also, don't forget it's the sum of all the secret requirements which unlock the badge, and not them individually, which means he might be really really close to get the badge because he, for example, meet 99% of the criteria, but due to the missing 1% which he didn't yet do, he didn't unlock it.

Another Coffee

Member for 4 years
It's kinda funny!!! I've seen people with a reaction score ratio of -1 in relationship with their posts and not even a single follower and barely a tiny bunch of follows themselves...and yet they are real Users xD!!!
Daily logins feel more like a bonus pay for uploaders rather than a nod to the average joe/jane.

Mark A

Member for 5 years
Good day,
So the system is new but during the initial launch I had the badge, @Another Coffee .
But a notable thing I noticed is that yesterday I was somewhat active, but did not gain it,
but today I recently login I already have it before I can even look at all my notifications.

Therefore it is easy to say that the daily login requirements have some sort of delay;
I think it will scan and scale a person's activities,
then on the next day or next time that person login,
the system will reward the badge.

I could be wrong about this as it seemingly only happened once
(Noting my own activities yesterday and today.)
as the system is still new and we already just getting started.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for letting us have this thread, I thought that this can be seen as exploiting and was worried to be banned. My goal was not to make a "to-do-list".
My goal was to direct people's energy; as I predicted (and noticed today) people would simply ask and not try to answer questions themselves.
I made this thread to give them a welcoming space to think and explore.
Since it's open to all and a collective effort, it could lower shyness and lower the odds of somebody feeling out of place.

Last edited:

Another Coffee

Member for 4 years
Good day,
So the system is new but during the initial launch I had the badge, @Another Coffee .
But a notable thing I noticed is that yesterday I was somewhat active, but did not gain it,
but today I recently login I already have it before I can even look at all my notifications.

Therefore it is easy to say that the daily login requirements have some sort of delay;
I think it will scan and scale a person's activities,
then on the next day or next time that person login,
the system will reward the badge.

I could be wrong about this as it seemingly only happened once
(Noting my own activities yesterday and today.)
as the system is still new and we already just getting started.
I could be wrong but i wonder if losing the badge it's also a delayed process or an instant action once some parameters (whatever they may be) are met :unsure:
From what i gather from my conversation with Boss-man, looks and sounds like a automated system. He said so himself.
BUUUT if it's automatic, why the delay in giving you your badge tho....mmmm....would it be possible that you did something between then and when you got your badge?

I have so many questions :cry:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Don't forget about the dynamic part of this new feature 😉. Delays shouldn't occur, or if they do, it'll not me too delayed, let's say around 30 minutes or so at max.

Mark A

Member for 5 years
I could be wrong but i wonder if losing the badge it's also a delayed process or an instant action once some parameters (whatever they may be) are met :unsure:
From what i gather from my conversation with Boss-man, looks and sounds like a automated system. He said so himself.
BUUUT if it's automatic, why the delay in giving you your badge tho....mmmm....would it be possible that you did something between then and when you got your badge?

I have so many questions :cry:
Don't forget about the dynamic part of this new feature 😉. Delays shouldn't occur, or if they do, it'll not me too delayed, let's say around 30 minutes or so at max.
Even if it is automated, would the system remove or give the badge simply because you are not online or recently logged out?

Well, I can say the chat is unfortunately not taken into consideration due to the fact there's no way I can have a script detect which chat messages can be considered good and constructive and which aren't, also, don't forget it's the sum of all the secret requirements which unlock the badge, and not them individually, which means he might be really really close to get the badge because he, for example, meet 99% of the criteria, but due to the missing 1% which he didn't yet do, he didn't unlock it.
"...it's the sum of all the secret requirements..."
That part got me thinking;
So it's like a point system,
where certain actions have corresponding points and once enough points are gathered then *you* get the prize (Active User Badge)?

Edit: Grammar, punctuation, and spelling checked.
Also, about your question (@Another Coffee ),
I tried to re-login to see if the system noticed my activities and give me the daily SB Points,
(I did not want to lose that opportunity.)
but did not that day; I got the badge the next day.

Last edited:

Another Coffee

Member for 4 years
Even if it is automated, would the system remove or give the badge simply because you are not online or recently logged out?

"...it's the sum of all the secret requirements..."
That part got me thinking;
So it's like a point system,
where certain actions have corresponding points and once enough points are gathered then *you* get the prize (Active User Badge)?

Edit: Grammar, punctuation, and spelling checked.
Also, about your question (@Another Coffee ),
I tried to re-login to see if the system noticed my activities and give me the daily SB Points,
(I did not want to lose that opportunity.)
but did not that day; I got the badge the next day.
Less like a point system and more like a check-list, i'm guessing. Otherwise, different activities would have different points and that would open up a whooooole different thread o_O

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
It's a check list indeed, also if you log out you shouldn't lose the badge, unless in the meantime something else happened to remove some of your completed requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.