💬 Review Shazam

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,312 happy users since 2014.
Register

superwolf99

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Shazam

The movie was good as a standalone film. I would not consider it as a DCEU movie because the DC Film Universe is falling apart.

Review:
The movie in itself was good, I enjoyed the comedy and action that the movie brought. The heartfelt stuff wasn't to shabby either because they made it to where it wasn't crazy emotional. Overall I enjoyed myself sitting there watching the comedy unfold. I believe in full this movie along with aquaman, shows a good direction for DC films but like I said I just don't see a universe being born off of this movie. The mention of other superheroes in this movie, shows that it is still at DCEU movie at heart but thankfully doesn't play at that the entire film. I would in the future like to see DC become more of a stable universe like Marvel but for the time being I am content with watching a film like Shazam becuase I gave me the feeling a good superhero movie should. I will also note that DC films since Aquaman have taken a much lighter theme with more comedy. To sum up this review I would have to say in a whole the movie was worth seeing, I would for sure love to see it again when it releases via streaming service. It's a movie where you can laugh and enjoy superhero action.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would indeed recommend this to others to at least give it a shot and see for themselves.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
It's definitely a breath of fresh air considering most of DCEU movies theme rotated around Dark, Edgy, Depression and look! More Dark! I'm looking at you Martha!

superwolf99

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
For sure a breath of fresh air. I am truly hoping that DC can turn the tables on their universe even if they have to use another earth to bring in characters that have signed off and then do a crisis on infinite earths movie to make it into a singular earth.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I think infinite universes/earth case can actually be pulled off, i mean aren't that what Marvel doing with Spider-verses?

superwolf99

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
I believe it could work too because they can bring a new batman and superman in, while also keeping aquaman, shazam, and wonder woman actors.

superwolf99

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Yes that would be preferred; I could see someone like the actor from Gotham playing Joker.

superwolf99

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
He was amazing but I think if DC wants to keep the comedy route they need a more of a light hearted joker.

superwolf99

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
He could be good but with them using a younger batman for the next movie they would need a younger joker. So maybe like a younger version of johnny debt, if someone could fill those shoes. Honestly who knows, I just hope DC can catch up to marvel's universe.

ParkMauricio

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I did not like this movie, maybe because i rented and watched the Spider man spiderverse, Aquaman and Shazam at the same day.

The movie seemed a lot childish, mainly the Shazam and...
...the SHAZAM actors/actresses (I mean, the actors/actresses with the power of SHAZAM)
the Shazam "Kid version" is totally different than the adult one, i was like: "Oh, Shazam's power not only gives superpowers but changes the personality as well 😮"

The quality of Shazam compared with the cited above is very cheaper (i don't know the word to describe the right term, sorry)

To tell the truth, i liked more the villain than the shazam though