Should I root my phone?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,746 happy users since 2014.
Register

dyst3ctic

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I'm considering this, although I don't know the full pros/cons of u rooted vs rooted. I have a Huawei Nova 3 fyi.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
It's pretty much up to what you would need it for. When I had Samsung phones, I rooted them because I wanted to be able to remove all the bloatware that came pre-installed on my phone. Is there something you really need to do with your phone that requires it to be rooted?

dyst3ctic

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I want to access all files on my phone for multiple reasons, such as to remove unnecessary apps that came with the phone, and especially to install LineageOS.

Last edited:

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
There you go! Sounds like rooting is the way to go. Good luck! The only con for me was having to take an extra step to install Magisk because Pokemon Go and Google Pay both required SafetyNet and I use them pretty regularly.

dyst3ctic

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Okay, seems like the only major negative thing was the void of warranty. Thanks for your answer.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
You're welcome! You can always unroot it if you need to take it in for warranty claim. It's harder on Samsung phones because of Knox security. Not sure if Huawei phones have that security counterpart.

Mavin

⭐?️SBENNY MARSHAL?️⭐
Member for 6 years
I wouldn't advice you to...there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages that comes with it.. I'd advice you to google and read before doing it.

VeraP

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
It depends on your intention..In my opinion, it better not to root your device, if you do not have enough knowledge to handle your rooted device securely. A rooted device more sensitive and vulnerable

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month