Soooo...what about Russian literature?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,806 happy users since 2014.
Register

Genre

• Total voters

Anonka

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hey guys! I was thinking about what should I post to collect SB Points when I realised that I can translate books from Russian and Belarusian. So, maybe someone heard about some Russian/Belarusian books and wanted to read it or something like it? But if you don't maybe you can help me by choosing the genre?

DougnutknowU

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
How about history I wanted to learn other country history where they started or how they started are there descendants from other civilization or what kind of culture they got some kind of that.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I mean it's kinda up to you, you are the one that gonna release it afterall. Personally the only thing i knew about Russia in term of the literature were mostly mythological ones, or folklore. Always been a fan on myth and stories. Things like Perun rivalry with Veles, or the Triglav, or the evil Chernobog, or even the boogeywomen Baba Yaga, a old hag which apparently live in a hut that can run on chicken's legs... Neat.

Anonka

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
it reminded me of the Belarusian book "Shlyakhtsіts Zavalnya". This is the first fantasy book in Belarus (maybe even the first Slavic one). And in essence this book is a collection of stories based on Slavic myths and legends. What do you you think?

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
it reminded me of the Belarusian book "Shlyakhtsіts Zavalnya". This is the first fantasy book in Belarus (maybe even the first Slavic one). And in essence this book is a collection of stories based on Slavic myths and legends. What do you you think?
I mean, the decision is all yours, you are the one that release said book afterall. Though, it does sounds interesting, kinda like a Grimm brother fairy tales.

Anonka

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
So, do you want to know the history of the Slavs or a specific country? And what period?

DougnutknowU

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
A saga is enough to suffice my hunger on Russian literature

nmeade9

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
The Moment of Truth by Vladimir Bogomolov, I saw a film based on this book and it was great actually.