💬 Review Soul Of Eden

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,279 happy users since 2014.
Register

Idklol13

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Soul Of Eden

A competitive RTS game with cards. It's very similar to games like clash royale.

Review:
It's very visually appealing and pretty. I expected as much since it's from Rayark (The guys that made deemo and cytus) The gameplay is also very good. It's been a while since I last played and I think there's like 4 factions or races you can use.

Unfortunately these races are progression locked so you can't get any card you want from other races at the start. Since you can change the faction you want to use from the ones you have unlocked, there are cards that're faction locked and some that are interchangeable that you can use outside of their respective factions. A lot of cards are mostly balanced generally. But the rarer ones are a problem. While you get a random epic or mythical card at the start (I can't remember what it's called) it is very hard to get another one from my experience. But again it could just be from my bad luck.

There is a big problem with the level and rank of the matches however. Also one of the reasons I stopped playing. The levels and rank of players are incredibly imbalanced. For example, while in the earlier ranks most people have 3 to 5 levels. There are people with higher levels like 7, 8 or even 9. It is incredibly frustrating to encounter these people. And I seem to only come across them most of the time I played. And the reason this is a problem is because levels matter, a lot. Higher levels means your base hits harder and takes more damage while your cards are better. While usually the increase in damage and health is minor, they're pretty high in this case which is very frustrating. If you can get over that however, the game is incredibly fun and enjoyable. Both the gameplay and the art.

If you do want to try it out, then I have two advice for you. While there are various strategies with different advantages and disadvantages. The most common and important one I found is to be defensive at the start. 8 times out of 10 I find that defending first at the start and counter attacking is far better than attacking first and that people especially in higher ranks would rather wait for you to take the bait and attack first. The second is to read what your cards does. Most cards in this game have different unique abilities to them as opposed to just simple roles like tanker or damage dealer.

Would you recommend this to other users? Despite my experience with the game. I still very much recommend you to play it. It's still a very fun and enjoyable game with very beautiful art. It can also be very competitive if you're into that.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

greenfelder

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Do I have to pay to play the game? I see many good reviews and I also want to play but I'm afraid of purchasing money for some functions

Idklol13

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
You can just play it for fun really. It would be a lot more fun if they could make everything more accessible to new players, but you can still have plenty of fun without paying a single dime.