💬 Review [SPOILERS] This movie "#Alive" makes me wanna die, and here's why. (#살아있다)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,407 happy users since 2014.
Register

GinkgoBell

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: [SPOILERS] This movie "#Alive" makes me wanna die, and here's why. (#살아있다)

#Alive is a movie where two people (Joon-woo and Yoo-Bin) struggle to survive in an isolated apartment while a zombie attack is going on. With the internet, phone, and electricity disconnected around the apartment.

Review:
[SPOILER ALERT!!]
After the big success of the 2016 movie "Train to Busan", it drives the Korean zombie film industry. Compared with the slow zombies in Europe and the United States that seem like they're suffering from Alzheimer's or something, the zombies in Korea are like champion athletes make it more exciting. With the addition of some delicate emotional connection of the characters, it will undoubtedly raise the zombie film to a new level.

Unfortunately, not every movie could be a success like the "Train to Busan", "#Alive" proves that even Korean zombie film can also suck.

"#Alive" gave me a bad viewing experience. The illogical plots are really driving me insane.
The pace of the film is very fast, and it is directly into the state of zombies besieged just two minutes after the opening. Joon-woo, played by the actor Yoo Ah-in, is trapped in the apartment and can't escape, so the next step is to survive for nearly a month.

Most of the scenes in the film are indoors. It is understandable that most of the scenes can only be indoors when the budget is limited. This is not a bad thing. After all, the indoor environment can easily create the tense and depressive atmosphere brought about by confined spaces.

This 90-minute survival drama is utterly illogical and buggy. On the first day, zombies broke out, 403 neighbours broke in, and Joon-woo was driven out of the house after the corpses changed. On the second day, Joon-woo tried to use a remote-controlled aircraft with a mobile phone to find signals to communicate with the outside world but returned because the aircraft ran out of power. Then...Joon-woo went to play games. Like what??

And let's not forget that he ate all his food supplies and ran out of food and water on the seventh day's dinner.
And miraculously survived till the 15th day, after 8 days without food or water but only consuming alcohol, Joon-woo walked out of the apartment lively, fought with the zombies and returned to the apartment smoothly. Note that there are five zombies outside the door at this time.

The door of the apartment was intact and blocked by a refrigerator, but now it was punctured by a zombie. There are now five zombies outside the door. Now finally I thought the scriptwriter couldn't save him this time, let's see how you can get through this.
Screenwriter: [laugh maniacally] well if I can't fight it, I still hide away from it!!
As a result, the scene went black and transitioned... [sigh]

On the 20th day, a major power outage occurred after a distant explosion. Joon-woo decided to commit suicide because of the unbearable torment. At this time, a living person suddenly decided appeared on the opposite side of the apartment that had been silent for 20 days, and Kim Yoo-Bin played by Park Shin Hye appeared on the scene to save the life of Joon-woo.

Yoo-Bin seems to be an athlete and understands the rules of doomsday survival, but lacks common sense and is quite negligent.When water resources are already limited, she watered dracaena trifasciata (snake plant) twice when the plant does not need frequent watering (i mean even if the plant requires frequent watering, your basic need should still be a priority right???). After trying to use the billiard ball to pass the item and failing, she just left it, and then let the zombies climb up along the line and almost died of it.

Joon-woo finally thought of the remote control plane that had appeared on the second day and used it to create a link between them to share food.

It is well known that Korean zombies run so fast that it really hard to guard against them.
Well, guess what?
This completely changes in the case of Joon-woo. Joon-woo, the chosen one, the one in a million, the zombie overlord.
The zombies seem to be overwhelmed by Joon-woo‘s hidden domineering qualities.

All zombies shall kneel to the zombie overlord!!

Not to mention their superhuman physiques. Yoo-bin, who was drugged and fainted, woke up within a minute and fought against the zombies on her own for three minutes with her hands tied. The same zombie infected a big man in three seconds.

In the event of the major power outage, Joon-woo's Samsung mobile phone persisted until the rescue. The elevator can be used normally in the event of a large power failure. The pistol with only one bullet was fired twice inside the house, and three shots were fired on the rooftop, for a total of five shots.

Most importantly, what is the theme of "#Alive"? No doubt is to stay alive. But throughout the movie, "alive" has only become a slogan. It is only mentioned several times in the film. And in the end, I must say that the film does not play the theme of "alive" very well.

"#Alive", It doesn't tell you how to live, why you live, and what is the meaning of life. It just repeats the name of the movie several times and that's it.

"#Alive" tells you that the way to live in the zombie apocalypse is not to see how strong your will is. It's not to see if your food supply is enough, it's not to see if you have water to drink, it's not to see if you have a gun to protect yourself, it's not to see if there are zombies running fast. These are all not important.

The only factor to want to live is to see if you're the pointlessly unbeatable protagonist.
(that defy the laws of anything really)

Commit suicide? Nothing, you can't die, someone will save you before you die. Nothing to eat? It's fine, someone will send you food. No water to drink? Ah yes, it's raining heavily! Zombies are chasing after you? Don't worry, zombies don't bite you if you're the protagonist. Being forced to the rooftop and desperate? It's okay, the helicopter is here to rescue you!

Would you recommend this to other users? sigh..i mean i wouldn't recommend it as good movie, but maybe we all could watch and see how illogical this thing can get?

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐