St. Patrick's Day Event 2020

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,237 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

chere100

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
If I felt like sharing more than one, is that okay? Anyways, here's at least one limerick... I think. I've never wrote one before. :whistle:
Edit: Apparently, I'm blind. It says I can enter as many times as I like. I'm just gonna keep them to this post, it's cleaner and convenient.

The music that produces symphony,
That paints for me quite deliberately,
Like a dove,
Makes me love,
How dearly I appreciate the epiphany.

All of this is not coincidence,
The world knows our significance,
We're meant to be,
Everyone can see,
Our meeting is serendipitous.

There was a man cleaning his glock,
As he stood next to a grandfather clock,
He heard the chime,
Got startled by time,
Then completely shot off his cock.

Cara is a sleeveen lass,
Thinks she's really feckin class,
Got really bold,
Stole my gold,
Gobshite really thought she's gas.

Last edited:

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
So... Let's prepare for Trouble!
But please don't make it Double!
To protect the World from the Infection!
To cure the People in All Nation!
And don't worry, I'm sure we are Able!

Like this?.... I honestly don't know what I'm doing, lol
Lol I also don't know what I am doing . My fingers are working automatically xDxD. Ok there it is...(using bullets for lines)

•18 June 2019, I was riding my boi on the road San Sebastien.
•Don't know how long there they had been, stopped my car and turned off the engine.
•They shout " You think it's just a fun ? and now you don't have any gun.
•And you b*tch , I think now you should run."
•I pulled out my dragger and smiled "Okay , Let's the fun Begin!"

I know it's pretty much garbage but just tried to explain an life incident 😅 (in a different way ofc 😂) .

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
Regal she stand. Lost in her eyes, I was paralyzed.
I stood, offered my seat; One smile and I was mesmerized.
Drunk, in bed we lay
Then I saw her lie
GIRL! What the?! You have a D!

Disclaimer! I wrote this for comedic purposes only and NOT based on real events. :LOL:

chere100

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
*I'm a moron, here's something for this spot I've taken up. Enjoy!

Irving is a messy child, only about five. He never listens to his parents, no matter how hard they try. One day, a sickness spread across the land. So, Irving's parents told him he must wash his hands. However, Irving is a rebellious child who never understands, so he refused and did the opposite of washing his hands. Irving played in the sand, but would not wash his hands. Irving fell in the mud, but would not wash his hands. Irving touched all kinds of strange things, but he would definitely not wash his hands!
Irving had no boundaries, he always got close to everyone even if they tried to keep him away. He invaded the personal space of his friends, his siblings, and his parents especially. They got no peace from Irving. "Please, Irving! Can't you just stay at least 3 feet away?" his mother would say. Irving didn't listen to that, after all, Irving never listens to anything his parents say.
Irving's boundaries were worse than just being too close though. He liked to touch faces. The neighbors dog, newborn baby sister's, anybody and everybody's face, including his own. Worse, Irving is now touching faces with his filthy hands! The hands he refuses to clean! He even coughs in people's faces, though that part is an accident. Everyone is disgusted by Irving and starts to avoid him.
This makes Irving lonely and mad. 'My hands are only a little dirty and it's only a little cough!' Irving thinks, 'Everybody else is being stupid poo-poo heads!' Then Irving gets an idea! 'I'll hide and make everybody miss me! Then they'll know they were wrong!' Irving has the perfect hiding spot. In the kitchen cabinets there's a hole in the wall only he's found. So, Irving proceeds to hide in this hole, and even when his family cries he only giggles with glee. 'Serves you right!' Irving decided to keep this up for a while so they'll truly appreciate him. For two weeks Irving sleeps in the hole, only coming out at night to meet his needs. Even when Irving feels sick he stubbornly stays in the hole.
Finally, two weeks pass and he comes out to his quiet home. He runs to his parents room. "Mom, dad, here I am!" His parents don't react, they're seem to be sleeping quite hard. He shakes them. They still don't react. He goes to see his siblings, even his baby sister, but no one wakes up. He says grumpily, "They can sleep so peacefully, no one missed me at all! And they even smell, but they told me to wash! How is that fair?!" Irving grumpily leaves them to their rest and heads to the kitchen for breakfast. Irving grabs milk for cereal, but it's soured. "Mom, dad, the milk's gone bad!" Irving's parents aren't getting up, even for spoiled milk. So, Irving calls the police with annoyance, "It's an emergency! The milk's gone bad and nobody's getting up to replace it. Can you send some milk?"
Soon the police arrive with the milk, and Irving makes himself a bowl of sugary cereal that his parents keep trying to make him eat less of. The police go to check on the other people in the house. Soon they're back, talking into their little black boxes. "Family of seven, yeah, we're going to need a coroner. There's only a little guy left." Irving looks at them curiously, "What's a coroner?" The police look at each other and one asks back, "What's your name kid, and do you know how long they've been sleeping?" Irving shrugs, "No, I don't know how long they've been sleeping, but I wish they'd get up. I... they still haven't said sorry! Oh, and I'm Irving." "Okay, well let's go for some fresh air, Irving."
Irving watches from outside as many people invade his home and the police talk to neighbors. "Why didn't they go to the hospital?" "Oh, well they said that there's no free healthcare, and they didn't want to be gone when Irving gets back. Where'd you find that brat anyways?" For Irving this is all very confusing and scary. Things blend in and out, nothing makes sense. Soon Irving is taken away and confirmed to be currently healthy.
Irving is put in a place with many children and it isn't until later that he understands after things are explained to him. This is a children's home and he is an orphan. His mother, father, older sister, two big brothers, and baby sister died from a terrible sickness. It's a horrible shocking tragedy. Remember to wash his hands often, cough into his elbow, don't touch his face, stay at least three feet away from others, if he feels sick he shouldn't go out. These are the things a social worker tells him. But there's only one thing Irving gets from this. He didn't wash his hands. He got near everyone, touched everyone, coughed in their faces. He made everyone die! Irving is devastated, and from then on paranoidly kept clean and at a distance. When he was adopted he was basically a germaphobe and much too obedient. His new family worriedly sends him for therapy. The end.

Last edited:

D sam

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 4 years
Okay, so I am giving my own limerick...a bit late I know but I just wanted to try my own hand at this new experience (I don't want to leave anything behind) This is actually a little serious one, now two unlike me but whatever...hope yall like it....

There was a married man who cheated for his lust,
Twas' too late when he realised the unjust,
The wife listening to his apology all but started to cry,
She wanted to believe him, yet it all seemed a lie,
Years have passed, yet the man still toils for that trust.

Believe me when I say I tried to keep it together by giving it my best,
But everything fell apart so quickly, if I am being honest,
Friends and family lost on the way,
I learnt that fate does not act on what we wish and say,
Alone, now all I can do is stare at the bright stars, longing for a little rest

I literally don't even know what I did, I know its pretty bad but I kind of feel happy after doing it (I could say awesome but I feel that everyday anyways) So, thank you for the chance!!

Last edited:

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
For convenience moved, lol, wishing for a delete button. Is there actually a way to delete posts, and I'm just stupid?
Would you like me to delete your entry?

chere100

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Would you like me to delete your entry?
My first post is fine, it's the second one I wanted to delete. I didn't want to take up too much space since I'm likely to post multiple limericks, hence I moved my second and third limerick into the first post, leaving behind a second post that I didn't know what to do with, and there's no way for me to delete it. I'm guessing there isn't a way for the original poster to delete an unwanted post? How odd. You don't have to delete it if it's presence isn't a bother to anyone else. Maybe I'm the only one bothered by it, if that's the case then there's no reason to be rid of it. I'll turn it into a short story or something in that case, so it's at least less hideous to me. Thank you for noticing my stupidity, lol. ☺

Last edited:

VladtheGrim

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'm gonna give it a try after I heard JackSepticEye would voice Irish the Leprechaun. My first time as I've never heard what a limerick is before.

It's Irish the Leprechaun!

Little Green, spanking and happy,
Voice so silly and sappy,
Louder than the bell,
Snappy with schnell,
Charming and surprising, this prickly chappie.

Jjldvic

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Under the rainbow there was a pot of gold,
Guarded by a leprechaun as the legend foretold,
His coat and hat, a bright lime green,
Impossible to find he is, but now can't be unseen,
And on his chest pinned there is a clover fourfold.

Ellasimone

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
What's St Patrick day all about.
St. Patrick's day with all of us
The day that all that's seen
To right to left to everywhere it's green green green and irish tune they whistle, and irish song they sing. Leprechaun short and fat, hope you catch him at the end.

RusselvsRob120

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
A forgetful old gasman named Dieter
Who went poking around his gas heater,
Touched a leak with his light
He blew out of sight
And, as everyone who knows anything about poetry can tell you, he also ruined the meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.