Staff Teams Application (Updated 6/12/2022)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,266 happy users since 2014.
Register

Unohana

The Explorer of Sbenny
Member for 3 years
1. What would you like us to call you?
Unohana is fine.

2. How long have you been a member of the SBenny Site?
Almost 3 years now.

3. What interests you about becoming part of one of the Staff Teams?

I was once a member of the community team and like I once said on my first resume Sbenny is a nice community and I gained some friends here although their not active anymore. This forum helped me a lot to cope during the worldwide quarantine and I just want to contribute back.

4. Which position interests you most (Core Staff Team or Community Team)?

Community Team mainly but also Core Staff if you would let me.

5. Have you ever worked in a forum setting before? What was your role and what was expected of you?

Yes, I was once a member of the Sbenny Community Team but quit because of work and lack of time management.

6. Describe the toughest team you had to work with. What made it tough? How were you able to work with the rest of the group?

They were my coworkers, and what made it tough was their arrogance. They we're my seniors and to be honest they're actually pretty nice. I was never bullied by them they always joke around with me and asked to eat lunch with them but what made them hard to worked with was their arrogance and their lack of cooperation. It was really hard to work with them mainly because I'm the new guy that lacks work experience (it was my first job) and I was their superior. I was having trouble trying to be a good coworker and a respectable superior, I later found out that you can't really be both and so I decided to be a respectable superior and tried to have an iron will. It ruined my reputation with them a bit but I don't really care anymore since it got the job done and true friends will stay by you no matter what.

7. Based on your experience, describe a situation in which you identified a problem and took action to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do so. What was the problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome?
We have this big event and our supervisors haven't started preparing for it. They kept telling our managers that they'll start it right away but they still haven't and the event was only three days away, out of I don't laziness two supervisors are not present the other two are extremely busy (covering up for the absent supervisors). And the managers noticed it and asked me to help so stepped up while also doing my duty. It was really hard but we got to finished it up in just one day, when the event came our area manager arrived unannounced and praised our setup.

8. Please describe the best leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a good leader? What did you learn from them?
Our team leader. We always refer to him as "dad" because he sorta acts like our work dad and takes care of us. He's very responsible and multiple people in our workplace praise his skills and talents. He also have a part-time job while still working on his main job. A lot of tips from work and also in life, he always tells us that whatever we do don't think about how hard or challenging the task was just think about how are you going to do it and that you can do it.

9. Please describe the worst leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a horrible leader? What did you learn from them?

My physics teacher in my senior year. At first I thought he was a very cool guy and expected us to get along, but as the months goes by he quickly showed what type of person he really was. He's childish and immature. He liked to mess with us and especially me because I'm the one of the only few people that doesn't submit to his "superiority". He liked to put me up on the stop even though I told him I don't know the answer and he aimed on making fun of me in front of the entire class, but of course he can't because most of the class were on my side and it was not long until people in my class started hating on him. I always stand up to his bullying and his ugly antics. I learned from that year that some people are not going to like you but people who does will stick up beside and give you the support you need. (This is my answer in my first resume and still is)

10. How would you handle undeserved criticism from a superior?

Honestly it will hurt, but I'll try my best to keep being cool and think reasonable because there might be a nugget of truth in that undeserved criticism that I need to work on.

11. How do you cope with stress on a regular basis?

Play some games, talk with my friends or family members, go to the gym, and play with my dogs.

12. A big part of working on the Staff Team involves the ability to communicate effectively within a team setting. What does working on a team look like to you?

A group of individuals acting as a single unit or organism

13. Are you willing to join Viber (either on PC or on your phone) and join the chat associated with the team you are applying for?

Of course, absolutely

14. About how much time do you think you would be able to dedicate to the responsibilities that come with being part of the team? Would you be able to check in daily?

I will try and log in every day since it wouldn't be too much of a problem now that I got decent grasp of my own time now.

15. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a leader’s instructions or point of view. What did you do?

I tried to be reasonable and presented valid facts without acting or sounding like a jerk and arrogant person.

16. Please describe a time that you failed to complete a task or goal. What did you learn from that experience?

To be diligent and attentive. Things are not always easy and asking for help is not very degrading.

17. What is one thing you really like about the way the site is currently set up?

It's still user friendly and offers a lot of ways to make friends that shares the same interest.

18. What is one thing you really don’t like about the way the site is currently set up?

None as of now, the service is good and the site is easy to navigate.

19. If you were to join the team, what is one thing that you feel that you can bring to the table to help better the team and the SBenny Community as a whole?

I can proudly say that I'm now a veteran here in sbennytopia and I was once a member of the community team so I'm still familiar with the rules and other things.

20. Do you have any questions for us?

How are you today? Hope you're doing good :)

PoisonModz

Veteran Lv7️⃣
From the Hell
✌️ Community Team
🎮 Testing Team
Active User
Member for 3 years
PoisonModz

3 years, 4 weeks, and 1 day ago

Help the people who need help regarding modding and problem. Also make good relationships with other people.

Community Team

5. Have you ever worked in a forum setting before? What was your role and what was expected of you?
Yes, my role was mod tester

6. Describe the toughest team you had to work with. What made it tough? How were you able to work with the rest of the group?
In high school, we were divided into groups to make presentations on specific subjects. Unfortunately, my friend and I fought over who would do the presentation. We planned for two students, but the boy refused. I had to ask my friend for the presentation, but he refused. The story highlights the challenges I faced in changing his mind.

7. Based on your experience, describe a situation in which you identified a problem and took action to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do so. What was the problem, what did you do, and what was the outcome?
After completing their Junior high school final exam, the narrator enrolled in a computer training program with 12 seats per batch. However, three computers in their room were broken, causing a chaotic environment. The teacher was busy fixing the computers, so the narrator asked the teacher if they could repair them, which he did, eliminating the need for waiting. This experience taught the narrator the importance of timely computer repairs.

8. Please describe the best leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a good leader? What did you learn from them?
The former supervisor at a software development company was an exceptional leader who demonstrated effective communication, empowerment, adaptability, and leadership by leading by example. They empowered team members, fostered trust, and facilitated problem-solving. Their commitment to continuous learning and recognition of team efforts cultivated a positive work culture. These lessons have influenced my leadership approach.

9. Please describe the worst leader you have ever worked with. This could be someone from school, work, or even your family. What made them a horrible leader? What did you learn from them?
The author encountered a poor leader during a short-term project, characterized by lack of clear communication, micromanagement, inconsistency, favoritism, failure to take responsibility, and poor conflict resolution. They learned the importance of clear communication, trust-building, accountability, and conflict resolution in leadership, emphasizing the need for effective teamwork.

To handle criticism, I always remain composed and reflect on the criticism to assess its validity. Instead of responding defensively, seek private clarification to gain a better understanding of the superior's perspective. Present respectfully and provide evidence to support your position during the discussion. This approach fosters understanding and helps work towards a resolution that benefits both parties.

To reduce stress, I always eat good food, goy enough sleep and do exercise daily, and breathe deeply.

12. A big part of working on the Staff Team involves the ability to communicate effectively within a team setting. What does working on a team look like to you?
Well for me it depends on teamwork. If someone fails to communicate or do task properly, the others should help them.

13. Are you willing to join Viber (either on PC or on your phone) and join the chat associated with the team you are applying for?
I will make account on Viber.

14. About how much time do you think you would be able to dedicate to the responsibilities that come with being part of the team? Would you be able to check in daily?
It depends on my day. But I can check on daily basis and contribute at least 5 or 6 hour.

15. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a leader’s instructions or point of view. What did you do?
Once, my boss suggested a new approach to a project that I thought might not be the most effective. Instead of ignoring it, I respectfully shared my concerns. We had an open discussion where I explained my perspective, providing reasons for my viewpoint. Ultimately, we found a middle ground that combined both our ideas, leading to a more successful outcome. The key was expressing my disagreement constructively and finding a solution through collaboration.

16. Please describe a time that you failed to complete a task or goal. What did you learn from that experience?
There was a project where I didn't meet the deadline due to underestimating the time needed. I learned that proper planning and time management are crucial. I now break down tasks, set realistic timelines, and communicate early if I foresee challenges. This experience taught me the importance of being proactive, realistic, and communicative to ensure successful project completion.

17. What is one thing you really like about the way the site is currently set up?
It should be easy to understand and also good looking.

18. What is one thing you really don’t like about the way the site is currently set up?
I think the site setup looks great from the before.

19. If you were to join the team, what is one thing that you feel that you can bring to the table to help better the team and the SBenny Community as a whole?
Confidence, teamwork, and the ability to intervene when people are breaking the rules are crucial qualities.

No

PoisonModz

Veteran Lv7️⃣
From the Hell
✌️ Community Team
🎮 Testing Team
Active User
Member for 3 years
PoisonModz

3 years, 2 months and 20 days ago

Help the people who need help regarding modding and problem. Also make good relationships with other people.

Core Staff Team

Yes, my role was mod tester

In high school, we were divided into groups to make presentations on specific subjects. Unfortunately, my friend and I fought over who would do the presentation. We planned for two students, but the boy refused. I had to ask my friend for the presentation, but he refused. The story highlights the challenges I faced in changing his mind.

After completing their Junior high school final exam, the narrator enrolled in a computer training program with 12 seats per batch. However, three computers in their room were broken, causing a chaotic environment. The teacher was busy fixing the computers, so the narrator asked the teacher if they could repair them, which he did, eliminating the need for waiting. This experience taught the narrator the importance of timely computer repairs.

The former supervisor at a software development company was an exceptional leader who demonstrated effective communication, empowerment, adaptability, and leadership by leading by example. They empowered team members, fostered trust, and facilitated problem-solving. Their commitment to continuous learning and recognition of team efforts cultivated a positive work culture. These lessons have influenced my leadership approach.

The author encountered a poor leader during a short-term project, characterized by lack of clear communication, micromanagement, inconsistency, favoritism, failure to take responsibility, and poor conflict resolution. They learned the importance of clear communication, trust-building, accountability, and conflict resolution in leadership, emphasizing the need for effective teamwork.

To handle criticism, I always remain composed and reflect on the criticism to assess its validity. Instead of responding defensively, seek private clarification to gain a better understanding of the superior's perspective. Present respectfully and provide evidence to support your position during the discussion. This approach fosters understanding and helps work towards a resolution that benefits both parties.

To reduce stress, I always eat good food, goy enough sleep and do exercise daily, and breathe deeply.

Well for me it depends on teamwork. If someone fails to communicate or do task properly, the others should help them.

I already have account on Viber.

It depends on my day. But I can check on daily basis and contribute at least 5 or 6 hour.

Once, my boss suggested a new approach to a project that I thought might not be the most effective. Instead of ignoring it, I respectfully shared my concerns. We had an open discussion where I explained my perspective, providing reasons for my viewpoint. Ultimately, we found a middle ground that combined both our ideas, leading to a more successful outcome. The key was expressing my disagreement constructively and finding a solution through collaboration.

There was a project where I didn't meet the deadline due to underestimating the time needed. I learned that proper planning and time management are crucial. I now break down tasks, set realistic timelines, and communicate early if I foresee challenges. This experience taught me the importance of being proactive, realistic, and communicative to ensure successful project completion.

It should be easy to understand and also good looking.

I think the site setup looks great from the before.

Confidence, teamwork, and the ability to intervene when people are breaking the rules are crucial qualities.

No