💬 Review Stardew Valley

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,097 happy users since 2014.
Register

mintyenby

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Stardew Valley

Stardew Valley is a Harvest Moon inspired farming game. You, tired of your monotonous office job, move to your late grandpa's old farm to start your life anew. You grow your farm, take care of animals, befriend the townspeople, and fight monsters sometimes.

Review:
Oh my GOD I love this game. I'm not sure where to start.

Okay, one thing I like about this game way more than Harvest Moon is that using tools like the watering can, the axe, etc. doesn't take forever. This already sets a more relaxed pace because you have more time in the day to explore the town or do other tasks like fishing. In Harvest Moon, I would rush to water my plants so I could barely make it in time to enter a certain shop, but that's not a problem here. I think that was the intent of the developer. He wants you to fully enjoy the game without having the player feel like they have to make the most profit out of their time.

I love that the characters aren't one dimensional. The dialogue in Harvest Moon was very basic and limited. It's much more enjoyable talking to the characters in Stardew Valley. Their events have more character and are more... unique? I just enjoy the writing much more here.

I enjoy the music and the atmosphere too. I love the sprites for the backgrounds, crops, etc. The people's over world sprites are fine. Not bad, but nothing to write home about.

There are monsters to fight in this game, but it's restricted to one area, the mines. I don't like real-time (is that the right term..?) fighting, but in this game, I enjoy it too.

This review is shorter than my other ones, and that's probably because I'm much better at writing criticisms than praise... I can't articulate how much I love this game. It's super fun and relaxing.

Would you recommend this to other users? Absolutely 100% yes. I think even people who aren't into farming games can enjoy this because you get to do so much stuff. Just jump into it blind. You don't need guides or anything (except for maybe what gifts the townspeople like...). It might be a little difficult at the start because it seems like there's so much to do, but there's no time limit for anything. Just go at your own pace.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐