Suggestion to help unexperienced modders!

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,783 happy users since 2014.
Register

leagra

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Hey all!

I know the title may sound weird, since there already are tons of videos to learn modding/improve modding skills, but I personally (as a quite new and bad modder) feel like the tutorials may be helpful, but don't show enough examples.
English isn't my mother tongue, but I'll try to do my best explaining it;
The tutorials show what modding looks like, when you already know what to do and how to do it. But obviously, even modders that have already used LP/GG or even made LP mods/GG scripts don't necessarily know that. While in a tutorial with someone explaining (most of the time) things are very clear, in games one tries to mod they are not so clear.

This is why I suggest a section, where people show what they edited in IDA or NET.reflector to create certain mods. I'm not looking to create a section for people to steal other peoples mods, as this is meant only for educational purposes. Thus I would additionally suggest that it's allowed (and even wanted, perhaps) to make "useless" mods, since people would be less wanting to steal something like "How to freeze the amount of dogs in Barbies Super Fun Park" rather than "How to create cheat bypassing no reload guns in COD:M". Another solution would be to not show the game, but really just the modding part, (the function, the original code, the edited code).

Since most people don't have the software, time or will to do videos, I would think that only a few pictures are required for each "tutorial", making it a bit more advanced but also much easier for the people generous enough to help others. As stated before, pictures of the function, the original code, the edited code and a small explanation should be enough to make it clear for everybody.

Obviously, the exact execution is up to sbenny, but these are the ideas I collected. I think this would make things much easier for modders, as they could learn a few "patterns" and learn what to do when finding them in an apk.

Thanks for reading this, and please let me know what you guys think of this:)

leagra

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
find apk? just go to apkpure or apkcombo
Not find apks, but much more find the specific thing inside of the apk that you need to mod in order to get the wanted result

ScealcLigt

174th Divisione Scealc van der Ligt
Member for 4 years
Mostly, you just need to turn the apk file into a zip one, then extract it and find the assets file. The assets file contains all of things nessesary to run a game, such as save ports (file where saves are saved), json files and so on. Note that it may not work for all games tho.

leagra

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Mostly, you just need to turn the apk file into a zip one, then extract it and find the assets file. The assets file contains all of things nessesary to run a game, such as save ports (file where saves are saved), json files and so on. Note that it may not work for all games tho.
Hmm, looks like I didn't quite explain it well enough. I'm not talking something in an APK or finding the APK itself as somebody else suggested. I'm talking about the stuff inside of IDA when you edit the libil2cpp or in reflector with dll games