Super Mario Run: Force closes if APK is modified and installed

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,709 happy users since 2014.
Register

LolHacksRule

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I really would like help on bypassing this check, even if no changes are made, and the APK is rebuilt, the game still crashes. How do I fix, disable or bypass this? Before you give me hate on this, I bought the game LEGALLY on my iPad.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Nobody is gonna hate you here as our goal is to help and give assistance to you.

When rebuilding an apk file, actually, there are some changes made, such as the signature of the apk file, which gets replaced by another one. I'll not dig much into detail, but usually these checks are done into the classes.dex of the apk file, which, after decompiling it, gives you one, or more, smali folders which have java-like code you need to manipulate in order to remove this signature check.

A good way to start is installing CatLog, which is an Android application designed to make a log of what's happening during the execution of apps. So you can install it, launch the rebuilt app and collect all the logs until it crashes. It should give you some info about what happened and why.

Hope it helps.

LolHacksRule

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Yes, I'm getting MatLog and have to send that ADB permission (yes I don't have root) to allow log reading, I'll try next time when I get access to a computer... I think the detection mechanisms are in its ARMV7 libil2cpp.so, I found mentions of SHA1 and APK in it.

Attachments

Last edited: