Super Slow Loading Issue with Modding Bloons Super Monkey 2

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,882 happy users since 2014.
Register

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Anything KiwiNinja uses the same base starting point... data.jet

And they use the same password for them all.

I ran into an issue with this mod though.

It was easy enough to do all kinds of stuff that caused all kinds of issues in the end, but the one mod I decided to stay with was changing the following:

"key": "cost_mult_weapons",
"value": "0"
"key": "cost_mult_research",
"value": "0"

That way, the cost of weapons and research cost zero red or blue bloons.

There is a ton of other crap to mod in here but it would definitely make the game either super easy, and all of the challenges would just appear done after a day or so, or cause their own glitches like a billion billion billion red bloons and a billion blue rapidly.

In any case, it all works fine if you mod it..

The problem occurs when loading it up... for some reason, no matter the most minor change, it creates this super slow loading issue in the game.. E.g. Black screen when opening for about 40 seconds, then each change in screen another 30 seconds.

Just loading to the next screen is way longer than necessary.

If anyone can test this out as well, I have the untouched APK (the game was on sale for zero dollars the other day, so I downloaded it, and then extracted the apk....I mean, its usually only like .96 cents, but still..)

Code:
https://usersdownload.com/u35i6gfmceau.html
93MB ish..

The file you want to mod is:
Assets\JSON\spreadsheet\spreadsheet_data.json

The password for the data.jet is: Q%_{6#Px]]
I have only been successful in using 7zip to unpack and then repack data.jet files without some problem. Winrar does something that doesn´t make it right.

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
I had a similar issue myself, I couldn't figure out why, so that's why I made a Helium Save for this game instead of modding it.

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Thanks @Axiom I have yet to know what a helium save is. I will have to return to that topic once I get the other topics I am studying out of the way.

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
Try to run monitor tool which you find in android studio and then connect your phone/emulator to it and run game. Then you should see when the game get stuck and investigate further. Also this should show if there is any error in files. Did you try to change just a letter in description and save. Wonder if it has anything to do with actual rezipping.

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
I was thinking about the rezipping part as well. When I have some time I will try what you suggested. What is the monitoring tool?
Nope, I did not change description, or anything of that nature.

Just the spreadsheet data