💬 Review The Arcana: A Mystic Romance

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,313 happy users since 2014.
Register

mintyenby

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: The Arcana: A Mystic Romance

The Arcana is a romance visual novel where you play as a prodigy tarot card reader who has been living in a magic shop for years with no recollection of your past. There are 6 romanceable characters who will each tell you a different version of what happened in the gap of your memory. This game is LGBTQ+ friendly, with queer characters and the ability to choose what pronouns you're referred to between she, he, and they.

Review:
A solid visual novel. The art is great, and the overall aesthetic makes it feel mystical. The music sets the atmosphere, and both the writing style and story are pretty good. I've finished two routes so far and have done a bit of the rest, and I'm enjoying them thoroughly so far. I like most of the characters and can see the appeal in the one that I don't like, lol.

Just... generally a good experience. I'm not good at describing this =_=; but so far I have no problems with the story and art. What I will say is that this game is cash-grabby, as most dating sim games are for some reason..? To enjoy all the scenes and art, you need to pay coins, and they are not very generous with them. You can get them through ads and mini games, but gaining coins that way is quite slow. Still, you don't need to pay anything to read most of the story and get all the endings, so that's a plus.

What kind of stands out to me is that the bad endings are as enjoyable as the good ones. Of course, being stuck in eternal purgatory or whatever isn't ideal... but they're interesting from a story telling perspective and tell us more about the characters.

I will also note that apparently some chapters are varying in quality, specifically the newer ones. I have not read them yet, but I've seen the art and writing from some of them, and they do seem rushed.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes! A solid romance visual novel with a story that's more than "people fall in love with you". I'd warn them about the coins and the ads, but in my opinion, it's nothing to really deter someone from playing it.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Monaa

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I liked this game sooo much thanks at first i didnt knew about this website and its the best from other websites