💬 Review The Arcana: A Mystical Romance

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,151 happy users since 2014.
Register

brynfrancis8

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: The Arcana: A Mystical Romance

The Arcana is a romance visual novel with a magic-centric overarching story with the ability to choose a character to romance. You play as the apprentice of a great magician, and unlock your own history throughout the story. It also contains a series of mini games.

Review:
With a compelling story, memorable characters and choices that make a difference to the end of your story, the Arcana is absolutely a game that you won't want to miss. The game begins with a universal introduction regardless of route, introducing you to the main plot and to all of your important characters. It then allows you to choose someone to romance, and there is a wide selection of personality, gender and archetype available to choose from, regardless of the player characters gender. With plenty of unique artwork and very appropriate music choices, this game hooks you in right from the start. Throughout the story, whichever romance route you pick, you feel as if you get to know each of the characters, form bonds with them and really end up caring about them and their fates. From likeable heroes, to detestable villains, the Arcana really knows how to nurture your bonds with these characters.

While there is paid content in these games, I personally think it is done in the best way possible. To achieve the Upright or "good" ending, you must make the correct choices on average, however none of these options are paid content. The paid content unlocks extra scenes, which some people find very enjoyable, however this does not overall affect how your story ends up. The paid content is entirely optional for those who want to and can support the game, and does not affect how the story ends up.

It is also worth mentioning some of the additional special features. There is a mini game that involves collecting hearts to get postcards, tarot readings that either you can unlock after seven days of playing or pay coins to unlock, and tales which talk about the characters lives outside of the main story. All of these are a fun addition and while they don't contribute to the actual story itself, they are a fun thing to do in your free time!

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, without a question of a doubt. This game has captivated me entirely and I have developed genuine care for the characters. Aesthetically this game is utterly brilliant and the character designs are all so unique. It really does have something that everyone can enjoy and the story is incredibly clever. I of course won't spoil it for anyone but it had me gawking at my screen for a good couple of minutes before reading the next chapter. It has twists at every turn and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The host of main and also supporting characters had me laughing one moment, crying the next and all around loving every minute of playing this game.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

sphere634

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Couldnt have done a better job myself, BRAVO for an excellent review!!

Meowcarroni

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I agree. This is a really good app, and the story is pretty well done, the world itself is, i think, once they get over with the availables character's stories they should let us explore a little bit more about the arcana universe and all