💬 Review The Arcana Review (First Review)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,293 happy users since 2014.
Register

LovelyLoren

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
This is my first game review, so I hope that I do this alright...

"The Arcana is a luxurious romance mystery game set in a mythical tarot world.
You are a prodigy of the magical arts, left to your own devices by your wandering mentor. Make choices that shape your story as you fall headfirst into a whirlwind adventure, filled with a colorful cast of characters who all have one thing in common: their interest in you.
Delve deep into the heart of intrigue, and uncover a murder mystery that still hangs over the city like a shroud.
Be careful what secrets you reveal… yours is not the only fate that hangs in the balance. Magic and mystery await. Who will you love and who will you condemn?"

The Arcana is a unique fantasy game that follows functions similar to the 'Episode' series, wherein you have romancable characters and story based choices. Immediately, the story is gripping and the artwork is gorgeous. The writing is impeccable, the author is very talented and has a way of completely immersing you into the story. The soundtrack is a gorgeous twist on classic songs that brings out feelings such as tension, fury and peacefulness.

Characters:

The character development is not perfect, but it serves it's purpose for the game. As of October 2018, there are only three love interests with nearly full stories. Three more are apparently on their way to the game soon.

Of the three love options, I have to admit the diversity between them is noteworthy. You have Asra, the wandering magician whose financial status could make you ill. Nadia, the widowed empress who feels strongly about justice and fashion. Then Dr. Julian, the apparent murderer.
The three love interests following these previous ones pique curiosity and have players wondering 'what's next?'.

Gameplay:

My personal favorite mechanic in this game is the card readings. I have never dabbled with tarot cards, but this is a fun little practice to keep players enthralled with their love interest. The only other mini game is called Heart Hunter. It's a game of luck the you can play 3 times a day with minimal rewards. The bright side is that you might be able to unlock an illustration or two if your having a good day.

All of this being said, if you don't have the patience to wait every eight hours for one key or pay ridiculous amounts of money, this game is not for you.
Unless you get a hold of this nice mod: sbenny.com/threads/the-arcana-a-mystic-romance
I personally love the story, but it does have flaws.

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
I <3 your Review :kissdroid:
But..your bad bad :rolleyes:
You makes me wanna play

The Arcana :love:

psst..its just Perfect :)
Mine were always dramatic..as per-style :eek:
Others were half-hearted..shaming self o_O
btw Loren..Lovely images, but ss of own game-playing to supplement those from developer?

:blushdroid:

Last edited:

AidsMcGee

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
This game is restricted by cash and money blocks i played it when in first came out and it utterly enthralled me. however it seems to be getting increasingly repetitive and restrictive to squeeze money from kids. this kinda sucks i quite liked this game. solid 7/10 great wifus