📖 Tutorial The basics: Hacking (Mod) Android Games with Net Reflector

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,968 happy users since 2014.
Register

Libertas123

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 6 years
@Sbenny Hello. Thanks for the tutorial. I’m completely new to hacking and Assembly and this is my very first time to create a MOD. I’ve never heard of OpCode or CIL code too and find all those really confusing. I have a few questions and problems.
  1. Why can’t I edit the code in .NET Reflector directly?
  2. I have a line of code like this: this.stars = stars How can I change this to: this.stars = stars + 99999;?
  3. I want to rewrite, edit, and add code, and not just changing a single variable or value, the same way as in every code writing program, like Notepad++. How do you do this?
I hope you can help,

Libertas123

D3T0X

? Senior Developer | Porting VN's from PC
From the Hell
Member for 6 years
Awesome TUT SB! I think im going to start giving this all a go...

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
@Sbenny Hello. Thanks for the tutorial. I’m completely new to hacking and Assembly and this is my very first time to create a MOD. I’ve never heard of OpCode or CIL code too and find all those really confusing. I have a few questions and problems.
  1. Why can’t I edit the code in .NET Reflector directly?
  2. I have a line of code like this: this.stars = stars How can I change this to: this.stars = stars + 99999;?
  3. I want to rewrite, edit, and add code, and not just changing a single variable or value, the same way as in every code writing program, like Notepad++. How do you do this?
I hope you can help,

Libertas123

As explained in the tutorial, you'd need to add

ldc.i4 9999
add

This goes before the stfld in this case.

cooljeff777

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
Thanks to this tut and one from YouTube. I now have hacked my first game (prison escape) my first try ended in crashes but my second attempt was a success :)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Nicely done @cooljeff777! Glad to see my tutorial helped :)

reisewith

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
Nice tutorial thanks. I try to hack a online game. But i can't find any assets/bin/Data/Managed folder. Is the way how to hack online games different than normal games? If yes how do i hack a online game?

Paeng

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Oh my thank you so much @Sbenny for this awesome tut. Now my sleepless nights will reduce :loldroid:. This is the one I've been searching for a couple weeks. Finally got an idea how to edit the VIP part. Again thank you .

D3T0X

? Senior Developer | Porting VN's from PC
From the Hell
Member for 6 years
Nice tutorial thanks. I try to hack a online game. But i can't find any assets/bin/Data/Managed folder. Is the way how to hack online games different than normal games? If yes how do i hack a online game?
Every game is slightly different, i'd advise keeping to simple offline unity games to begin with. The saying don't run before you can walk, really apply s here.

Paeng

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I love the last part, I'll apply it myself. Thank you for that.

Santoos304

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Really cool tutorial😎 done a lot of modding lately thanks to the tutorial. Thou, I wanna know how to mod the inapp purchase system, just like what Lucky Patcher does but with net reflector

Rue

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 8 years
@Sbenny can u show me tuts on modding any nexon game? their dll is encrypted, and i tried the tut for decrypting here but its not working

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
@Sbenny can u show me tuts on modding any nexon game? their dll is encrypted, and i tried the tut for decrypting here but its not working
Encrypted dll is the last of the problems when you're dealing with Nexon games. They have many protection systems which doesn't let you play which aren't even stored in dll files.

Rue

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 8 years
are u teling that it also need more work around the base smali itself?
have u ever give it a go?

Maechen

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hello and thanks for this tutorial it helps me a lot !
Just one question, with Hogwarts mystery I can't reach "assets/bin/Data/Managed/" and I don't find any ".dll". So which software have you used to do the mod of Hogwarts Mystery ?
Thanks in advance !

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Harry Potter isn't built with Unity, so I had to use IDA to modify the shared library.