📖 Tutorial The basics: Hacking (Mod) Android Games with Net Reflector

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,469 happy users since 2014.
Register

InnerSlime

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hey Sbenny

I am stuck on the editing part of the guide. I am trying to mod Pokemon Duel, and let it add gems for me. I found something along the lines of "get_gemNum" and "set_gemNum". I just don't know what and where to type in that I want gems.... I attached screenshots in my post as well. I just don't know what to type in those "OpCodes". Whenever I type in something like "Idc.i8" it recognizes the code, but when I add numbers (to add currency for game), it says "Unknown OpCode".
What have I misunderstood??

Attachments

Kenan

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi!
what is "Unknown opcode"?
Post automatically merged:

Hey Sbenny

I am stuck on the editing part of the guide. I am trying to mod Pokemon Duel, and let it add gems for me. I found something along the lines of "get_gemNum" and "set_gemNum". I just don't know what and where to type in that I want gems.... I attached screenshots in my post as well. I just don't know what to type in those "OpCodes". Whenever I type in something like "Idc.i8" it recognizes the code, but when I add numbers (to add currency for game), it says "Unknown OpCode".
Yes also i got this message

alfa1234

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
@Sbenny Molte grazie per la guida la trovo veramente ben fatta.
Ho visto che sei italiano e che rispondi pure in italiano(su yt) perciò preferisco scriverti in italiano perchè ho un inglese discreto.
Ho visto la tua release di pokemon quest e ho deciso di provare anch'io... Il problema si pone subito perchè nella location pokemonquest1.0.2.zip\assets\bin\Data\Managed non trovo delle librerie perciò non ho idea di come muovermi.
Per fare quella MOD hai usato altro oppure è possibile farlo con .NET Reflector?
Ti ringrazio anticipatamente.

Ghost2u

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thanks interesting guide !

will give it a try!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
@Sbenny Molte grazie per la guida la trovo veramente ben fatta.
Ho visto che sei italiano e che rispondi pure in italiano(su yt) perciò preferisco scriverti in italiano perchè ho un inglese discreto.
Ho visto la tua release di pokemon quest e ho deciso di provare anch'io... Il problema si pone subito perchè nella location pokemonquest1.0.2.zip\assets\bin\Data\Managed non trovo delle librerie perciò non ho idea di come muovermi.
Per fare quella MOD hai usato altro oppure è possibile farlo con .NET Reflector?
Ti ringrazio anticipatamente.
Altough what you said it's true, you're in a English community, so please try writing in English if you can, thanks.
Pokemon Quest used il2cpp.so, you need IDA and a il2cpp dumper to mod that game.

KToshiki

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Great tutorial! Though i have some questions and problems trying to install the modified apk. it just couldn't install so i couldn't test it out and i couldn't find certain keywords. Nothing pops up when i searched for it. Example if this game uses Coins and Stars, which Stars are a paid currency and Coins can be earned free, I could look up Coins but not Stars which was odd. Also when changing the values for the Coins, Example i wanted 99,999 Coins, i was not clear on which part of the Reflexil do i change, because in step 5 you highlighted stloc.0 but in step 6 you changed the Idarg.0 so i was confused on which to change haha. i tried changing the Idarg.0 in the apk i wanted to mod and it has the same results as step 7 so i thought i might be doing it right.

However my end result couldn't be tested since it wouldn't install and didn't give any pop-ups on what the error was.

Hope to hear from you soon :D I would really love to learn how to mod some games that are almost impossible to not pay for and progress more.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
In-game currency names doesn't always reflect the ones you'll find in dlls. So you might find coins and cash instead of coins and stars etc.

Also, if it doesn't install, it means you probably didn't resign the apk file.

Good luck!

KToshiki

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it! The installation definitely took a slightly long time and i still couldn't find the cash currency yet but i'll continue looking into it!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hey Sbenny

Int32 are ldc.i4, not ldc.i8. Simply replace ALL the get_gemNum (assuming it's the correct one) into:

ldc.i4 -> Int32 -> 99999999999
ret

xyummyx

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you for this tut.

Jirororo

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Actually planning to learn all these. Nice guide sir @Sbenny !~
Okay i actually tried the starters, but i only found /asset , no bin at all. does that mean i can't hack the game?

Last edited:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
@Jirororo if you found assets/bin/data/Managed/ and no dlls inside, it means they're using the new unity version which relies on il2cpp (search "il2cpp dump" on google for this purpose), while if you can't even find "bin/data/Managed" then it means it's not a unity game at all.

Jirororo

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
@Jirororo if you found assets/bin/data/Managed/ and no dlls inside, it means they're using the new unity version which relies on il2cpp (search "il2cpp dump" on google for this purpose), while if you can't even find "bin/data/Managed" then it means it's not a unity game at all.
@Sbenny yep, i can't even find bin/data/managed. So yep, it's not "unity" at all. If I cant use net reflector method, can I try using the "IDA" thing? I'm still getting a grasp of things :cryingdroid:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Correct, but the bad new is that you'll never manage to understand IDA if you first don't practice a bit with unity games/net reflector/dnspy/il2cpp as it's the hardest way you have to mod a game and you need some knowledge first.

Cinders8888

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you so much for this fabulous explanation, SB. I read it and installed all software and played around a bit Will need to sync NR with the crack for full version. Will do that ASAP. Read all Q&A also, which helped A LOT! With a little (or a lot) of patience, I will get at it. So excited to start modding!

dragata

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you for the tutorial, I always thought modding is confusing before. Will try it soon.

gullgirl1

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I am extremely eager to learn but the language means absolutely nothing to me right now. Is there first a tutorial explaining what each thing actually means i.e il2cpp ...all those terms??? To me it's a foreign language. But first, I will start by downloading all of the software. I am assuming I can do this on my cheap Acer Desktop???

CRhymeBoss

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Awesome job on the tut SBenny! The pics are a bonus too.
Not sure if you know that this exact tut with pictures is shared on XDA, can't recall if you're
credited or not ;but I def seen it on there.
Anyways thanks for putting a nice tut together, I've been using Cheat Engine for years and Lucky Patcher as well to hack ;but
have been wanting to get more technical with it and you've provided a means to begin the journey!