📖 Tutorial The basics: Hacking (Mod) Android Games with Net Reflector

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,820 happy users since 2014.
Register

JustaMirage

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hey Sbenny,
I'm thinking about learning to mod/hack android games annd was curious where to start. Is this tutorial up to date with current conventional methods or should I look at a different tutorial to get started?
Thanks for the help!

Mamon

Ɩơཞɛɱąʂɬɛཞ
Member for 5 years
Really Great. @Sbenny you are really great.You just made it so easy to understand that even someone like me who don't anything about moding is able to understand. I will soon try to use this method. I Will like it if you could recommend an game that is really easy to mod .

Tiins

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'm getting a headache on a halfway reading it lol. But that's a good guide. Thanks will try it someday...

*update*
after i try it, it completely different than your spoiler. the content of manage folder.

Last edited:

userdied

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hey brother real nice tutorial. You made it look much easier then it is. I'll try from tomorrow. Thank you so much

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Thanks.
So..its the Assembly.CSharp.dll that contain the necesarry values?
Its mostly 1 MB over in size.
I thought it was either in the globalgamemanagers or resources/classes.dex files.
Am doing all the sieving manually on a text-editor and file size over 5 MB are impossible to open on my phone.
I tried and waited 2 hours then had to give up.

I just spent a week dissecting countless Unity games, to get familiarize with their Coding format.
Most of the games I attempted upon were originally Asian.
Had to keep changing the encoding from UTF to specific languanges for them to be somehow readable.

This revelation gave me a Boost in Motivation. Will save a lot of my time by just Focusing on one file.
Swallowing Babel Fish now to increase my chance to decode unfamiliar languages.
But..that's WHY we are..Alive.
To Learn & Grow.
<3
Grazie.

susie9977

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi Guys
trying few apk but can't see this folder:assets/bin/Data/Managed/ . is not bin folder after assets.
Am I doing something wrong? Please advice
Thanks

cutepolarbear

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi Guys
trying few apk but can't see this folder:assets/bin/Data/Managed/ . is not bin folder after assets.
Am I doing something wrong? Please advice
Thanks
the apk you are testing is probably not written with c# and cannot be hacked by this method.

Gegendrauss

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Are there any specific computer requirements? My wife won't let me use the newer desktop for this, but I have a laptop. It does have an old OS though.

Zakhaev

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Simple...but effective :) thanks for this Tito, i guess i'm gonna try it pretty soon :p

Wurztha

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
EDIT: Never mind I think I got it, GREAT tutorial :D

Last edited:

kmonging

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Appreciate if any pro can tell me and point me to any guide pertaining to string manipulation.

I would like to know what is the opcode to declare and assign value to a string variable,
eg string text = "abc";

And how to perform string concatenate
string text = "abc";
text = text + "def";

Thanks you very help.

Arch9SK7

UngodlyQueen
✔ Approved Releaser
Member for 4 years
Your question is too generic and demonstrates how unexperienced you are with hacking. I suggest you to practice a lot more before making such "advanced" (for you) questions.
Im not sure what i am doing wrong here Benny.

The app in question i am Editing is AQ3D i already edit the Steam version so i know what to edit and what not to. and i followed your exact steps for editing the app here but when i go to resign i get"java-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command" I do have the JDK installed i do have the bin set as a system variable but it just keeps coming up. so when i try to install the "Signed" version made from this result my phone just wont let finish installing.

Mind helping out if you can?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Im not sure what i am doing wrong here Benny.

The app in question i am Editing is AQ3D i already edit the Steam version so i know what to edit and what not to. and i followed your exact steps for editing the app here but when i go to resign i get"java-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command" I do have the JDK installed i do have the bin set as a system variable but it just keeps coming up. so when i try to install the "Signed" version made from this result my phone just wont let finish installing.

Mind helping out if you can?
Which software are you using to sign the app?

Arch9SK7

UngodlyQueen
✔ Approved Releaser
Member for 4 years
Which software are you using to sign the app?
The one you provided :) the one click signer :) I suppose I could try a different one.

anzritz

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Failed at first try. The app is successfully run but the parameter I want to freeze is not freezing at all.
No problem, It's easy enough to do, just need to find the correct spot for the mod.

Thanks for this great and clear tutorial @Sbenny 🤗