💬 Review The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,837 happy users since 2014.
Register

Baklatalagaako

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

This is a story whose narrator is the Death Himself. Death then guides and tells us the story of a young girl named Liesel Meminger. Leisel became fond of books as her adoptive father taught her how to read and write when he realized that she was not able to do so. Everything changes when someone was suddenly adopted by her adoptive parents.

Review:
I actually saw the movie first rather than the book itself. The film did not really give justice to the story/book. In my personal opinion, it is better to read it rather than watching it. You can understand, imagine, and really feel and see what the characters think and feel when some specific events were happening

The book’s name is “The Book Thief” because of an event that revolves around Liesel, the main character. And that also started her career on getting that specific thing. There was a particular part where people around her were people who hate books. While Leisel was there, watching everyone burning books, she could get one, and the way that Markus describes the glares that the people gave to her was enough to feel the seething anger and disgust when they saw her pick up a book.

And not only that life, in general, was hard for them because it was WWII, but also they “adopted” a man who saved her father’s life.

And the story of the characters, specifically hers, was narrated by Death himself. Maybe, the reason why the author chose Death to become the narrator is that it was WWII, and bombs were dropping here and there. Figuratively speaking, Death was lurking there because he will be the one who’ll get them in the end. “Death is following them.”

Maybe reading a book in general, you might relate to Liesel as she too, was fond of reading books.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend this more than the film itself. Because, as I've said, there's this impact when you're reading it. Rather than watching it.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐