Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The circle ending

Equinx

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Well, there are few types of ending. One of them is the circle ending, a story that does a full circle and comes back to the beginning. Anyone can explain and give examples of it? Appreciate it a lot :)

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Full circle ending, emm, I'm not exactly a writer, but if I'm not wrong, it's where the ending, hmmm, i think the most appropriate choice is Echoing? Yeah, where the ending echoing the beginning, it's like a De ja vu? Where we us a reader reflect on the event on the beginning of the story? I don't really know, I'm honestly sucks at explaining things. As for example, the first one that pop up in my mind is the one from Disney Lion King. You know? The first scene where they celebrate Simba joining the circle of life, with Rafiki lift him and the whole nyaaaaaa ha benyaaaaaaaaaa song? And at the end of the story, it's end with a similar scene, where Rafiki lift Simba's cub after a long adventure, thus, the circle is continued.
Sorry for the confusing answer, honestly, I'm really suck at this kind of thing 😅

Lou110984

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hello! English is not my first language so maybe it's going to be a little bit confusing but a "circle ending" is when a story ends at the same place it started, for example Bilbo the Hobbit going back to his home after going on an adventure. It doesn't mean the character didn't grow or learn, however.

At least it's what I learnt during my writing courses but maybe it's a different thing in English than French!

Equinx

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I shee... thx bruh 👍