💬 Review The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,761 happy users since 2014.
Register

Baklatalagaako

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Stephen King

Roland of Gilead is on his quest to chase and kill the man in black. Chasing the Man in Black can also help him to go to his destination which is called the Dark Tower.

Review:
His overall quest was to chase the man in black and to go to a specific place called the Dark Tower. The journey in Mid-World contains guns, LOTS of drugs, and love. Of course, this novel (It is actually the first book of the Gunslinger series, but this is actually a stand-alone book- a novel.) is full of adventures.

To be honest, this novel or this first book is really confusing. There were a lot of flashbacks-near to be called unnecessary, that made the timeline and the flow of the story to be "stuttering". Pauses were a lot since there are a lot of flashbacks. But, once you finally understand or learn what really is happening, then the rest of the series will be enjoyed. BUT, since this is the novel version, the novel is considered to be, in my opinion, a "Confusing stories of the life of the Gunslinger that led up to a secret revelation which is you really have to learn what the heck is happening before you'll be able to enjoy it."

Would you recommend this to other users? Not really. It was quite confusing for me-BUT! not everyone would be confused. I still recommend it as it is a "good" book. I guess.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐