💬 Review The Department Book 1 Revelationd

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,340 happy users since 2014.
Register

ImJudy

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Department Book 1 Revelationd

Genre : fantasy, paranormal romance and crime

Review:
Hey guy's. Here a short review of this book by author Jutta Kopp.

It's the first book in a series of three, so says the author, anyway. 😁
The book is a pleasant mix of mystery and murder spiced up with some romance. All set in a phantasy world not so different from our own.

The characters are well described. Not flat and boring, they grow and develop while reading. I especially enjoined their relationships. Not only with the main character but also between the different characters themselves.
I love the villain Zephyr Ashtaroth! 😍

The way the author paints the scenes in the readers mind is amazing!
The book never seems to get boring. I think we all know the feeling when you are reading and get hung up on only one detail or when a scene gets dragged into infinity?
Well the author managed to fluidly tell the story and the moment you think, "Yeah, now it's enough! Tell me something else.", the scene changes. That's one reason the story never gets dull or boring.

There is some graphic violence and many near sexual encounters. But considering the genre it's not surprising. The scenes are however woven so well into the story that they just fit.
In my opinion they are needed to deepen some relationships between the characters or make the crime scenes believable.

But the book is not only serious and dark.
There are some "playful sides to it as well as provocative ones" (got that one from one of the books reviews, didn't know how else to describe it😛).
The book is complex without being tedious or over complicated.

I enjoyed it and it kept me awake reading.
With it's over 300 pages it is a decent novel to sweeten boring times.

There are some typos and some grammar errors. That is why it only got 4 stars from me. The book could use a good edit.

You feel that the author put a lot of thought and passion into her book to keep the reader entertained. And for me that is the most important. I can. Live with a few errors as long as the book is great and everything else fits!

Would you recommend this to other users? I would definitively recommend it!
For all those who enjoy a good mix of action and romance.
And definitively for those who like some eye candy! The author has on her site some amazing drawings of her characters!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐