💬 Review The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (2009)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,567 happy users since 2014.
Register

Anthea

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (2009)

The Girl Who Played With Fire is a 2009 Swedish crime thriller movie based on the third book of a novel trilogy named the Millenium series. The movie continues the story of Lisbeth Salander, Mikael Blomkvist and co. after the second movie, The Girl Who Played With Fire.

Review:
*This review may contain spoiler for the first and second movie*

This movie is the third and final installment in the trilogy based on the three books of the Millenium series. Lisbeth is severely injured at the end of The Girl Who Played With Fire and facing charges that can institutionalize her forever. MIkael is adamant about making sure justice is served and the truth is revealed. Dangers are still lurking, but this time the pretense is gone and they are more direct. This movie takes a more muted approach to the storytelling. It continues to expand the world and major events keep happening in the background, but the movie focuses on the main characters in their limited space. It offers the rare satisfaction of everything in the series coming together in a relevant fashion. It is a perfect ending to a perfect series that solidifies the fact that book-to-movie adaptations can be great.

I can never praise Noomi Rapace enough. She is so good as Lisbeth Salander not because she's flashy or edgy or sears herself in your brain, but because she quietly becomes the character. Her performance doesn't make me claim her as the only valid Lisbeth, it's not that you can't see anyone else as Lisbeth after you see her. Rooney Mara did an amazing job in the 2011 adaptation, so did Claire Foy in The Girl in the Spider's Web. But I can safely say that Noomi Rapace felt the most natural. The fact that Michael Nyqvist was a good actor is not news. He is steadfast, righteous and infinitely loyal as Blomkvist and I'm personally so glad we got to see him in this role.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, I recommend the whole trilogy. Really, watch the first two movies before watching this one if you haven't or you won't get the full experience that you deserve. This movie is R-rated and though it doesn't contain a lot of graphic scenes, it references a lot of mature issues. Those who have seen the previous movies, this should be an emotional catharsis. People who like political and conspiracy movies will enjoy this.

Check trigger warnings if needed:
Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: