💬 Review The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,024 happy users since 2014.
Register

Baklatalagaako

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King

Patricia "Trisha" McFarland is a 9-year-old girl child of a recent divorce loves pop music, baseball, and her friend, Pepsi's cool catchphrases. One day, the family (except his father), were hiking on Appalachian Trail in northern New Hampshire towards the Maine border. Because of what she did, she ended up getting lost and had to walk in a torturous path for days.

Review:
One of the most characteristics of Stephen King's writing is "show not tell". With a painstaking narrative, he was able to control how the scene or a part of the book supposed to "feel". It also makes the readers more engaged and feels like they're on the edge. His book, "The girl who loved Tom Gordon", is not an exception. He was able to perfectly described what the character was feeling. I was able to feel the frustration, the sadness, the anger of the whole family. I was able to imagine how frustrated and helpless Trisha was. In the end, I sighed in relief that everything went well. That everything was good for Trisha and the family. I think her father and her mother kind of "made up" at one part of the story because of Trisha who was actually missing at that time.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you would like a kind of gore, horror-thriller, and DETAILS, I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this. The flow might be slow, but it makes the suspense more evident. It has a good ending, if you are wondering : )

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐