💬 Review The Giver

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,282 happy users since 2014.
Register

D sam

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Giver

It's a dystopian novel that somehow forces you to think, at least that's what I think

Review:
Imagine being in a society, where there is absolutely zero crime. Everyone following the rules that are set up. The rare crimes being taken very strictly with two warnings and then what is called release or exile in the main character's words. Imagine, no starvation among the people, everyone recieving equal portions and given employment in at least one of the places. It as utopian as it gets right. But now, imagine being in a society where your jobs are chosen basis your aptitude by few people. Even your spouses are chosen by those select few on the grounds of interest and complimenting each other. Wearing a single dress everyday to whichever place you go. No seasons or holidays to enjoy with each other. Imagine, having pills just because you feel something towards someone. These and a select few more are what makes you really think hard about what would you choose. Would you rather choose the society you just read about for equal rations, no fashion, and full employment with the price being your freedom of choice, where you are given decisions to every choice that you normally make? The main character, Jonas realizes all this, being given a special 'job' by the society members, all with the help of the Giver. The choices he makes after are what gives the story a base.
P.S. I have tried to avoid giving any spoiler, just in case some off-person in a hundred reading this decides that reading the book is worth it, so, sorry if I gave something important.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, the story gives a feel on what moral would you choose. Who wins between something which is based on the perspectives of the people. This is a godd read in my case, although I read it when I was 13, still.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐