💬 Review The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy [First book]

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,427 happy users since 2014.
Register

ParkMauricio

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy [First book]

In a matter of minutes, Arthur Dent, find out the Earth is going to be destroyed, He receives a towel and a book which was written "Don't Panic" in the cover.
This book is called: "The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. "

Review:
I started reading the book mainly because it is considered cult and wanted to know the why. After reading this i got astonished and amazed.

This book is an enhanced satire of space sci-fi books, we have Arthur who is a commom human and Ford Prefect, his best friend that coincidentally is an alien hidden on Earth.

Arthur tries the most prevent the demolition of his house that is supposed to happen because of a decree that was not presented to him.
Then Ford comes to Athur's house afflicted, pull arthur into a bar with him and explain that the world is going to be demolished because of a decree that was not presented to Earth's leaders

If you have read the spoiler's box, you saw the irony that is presented along all the book, and this is what made me love this book. The captivating characters make us love and get involved with them, we have all kinds of people and nonhuman beings: a common human, an alien with 2 heads and 3 arms, a depressed robot, an alien hitchhiker of course and... secret!

The book brings a perspective of sci fi that i have never seen before, starting with the reaction of a common person to all this, totally turned to irony and comedy.

There are a lot of non sense moments that made me say aloud: "What!?" and for sure will made you say as well.

Pick your towel up and go to read this, you will not regret.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, it is a totally new experience, including a incredible satire of a bunch of sci fi novels.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: