💬 Review The Last Airbender

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,680 happy users since 2014.
Register

emeraldfox

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Last Airbender

The movie is an adaptation of the close to perfect show: Avatar the last airbender. It is supposed a adaption specifically of the first season. We follow Aang, a boy as he journeys around the world to master waterbending with the help of Sokka and Katara, a sister and brother from the Southern Water Tribe.

Review:
Rant warning ⚠:

This is the worst movie, I have ever had the misfortune of watching. I didn't expect to like it because whenever there is a adaption of a popular series, it's just a cash grab and this is no different. These are the reasons I hate this movie.

1. The characters are not themselves. Aang is not the fun loving airbender I knew and loved. He is just the boring and constantly worried looking boy. Sokka is not the meat loving, previously misogynistic prick, I had a crush on, he is just bad comic relief. Katara is not a mother figure, she is just a an annoying little girl. And don't get me stared on Zuko, he is the boy I hate, love, hate to love and love to hate. He is just this angst teenager. The Fire Lord is not intimateding at ALL!!!

2.The plot - if you want to call it that- is the most stupid thing ever. Somehow they tried to shove some much of the first season in a 1 hour and 43 minute movie and still mananged to miss so many important moments, like meeting Jet or going to the Fortune-teller.

3.The blatant white-washing. I couldn't make this review without mentioning this. It is clear in the show that the water benders are mostly darkened skin and Aang is most likely Asian. And the firebenders are mostly pale skinned. But no, in this movie "Oo-ng" is played by a white boy. Katara and Sokka are played by white actors and The Firebenders are played dark skinned(probably Indian) actors. If you can't see the problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you.
5. Lastly the acting is horrible. It is some of the most bored and unemotional acting I have ever seen in my life. And if it isn't under acting, they are over acting which is worst.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would not recommend this to someone who wants to be happy in life. But if you really hate someone tell them to watch this movie. This movie is a negative 5 stars. I wish I could pick zero

Rating(1-5): ⭐

Last edited:

Imraan

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Not as a god movie portray as the animations series. Need a new remake of this movie