💬 Review The Last Airbender

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,250 happy users since 2014.
Register

scarletiffa

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Last Airbender

A 12-year-old boy (Noah Ringer) who provides the last hope for restoring harmony to a land consumed by chaos. In a world balanced on the four nations of Water, Earth, Fire, and Air, people known as the Waterbenders, Earthbenders, Firebenders, and Airbenders have mastered their native elements. Though the masters can each manipulate their native elements, the only one with the power to manipulate all four elements is a young boy known as the Avatar. When the Avatar subsequently appears to die while still mastering his powers, the Fire nation launches a global war with the ultimate goal of global domination. One hundred years later, two teens discover that the Avatar and his flying bison have in fact been locked in suspended animation. Upon being freed from his prison, the Avatar embarks on an arduous quest to restore harmony among the four war-ravaged nations.

Review:
Review
As a huge fan of the Avatar The Last Airbender Animated Series, This movie is absolutely horrible, bad and disastrous. I already have a low expectation on films that are adapted from cartoons/anime/books but this one took it to another level, I am so disappointed.
So First the director, M. Night Shyamalan known for films with contemporary supernatural plots, he then decided a twist change pace to direct heavy fantasy film instead the result this horrid film. He rewrote the movie, edited out the light humor making the film dull,an amateurish script, poor character development, whitewashing the characters where in the original series the leads were clearly Asians, the fighting is sub-par and the list just goes on.

The acting quality is embarrassing and unconvincing. They keep mispronouncing the character’s like Aang, not ONG; Sokka not Sohka; Iroh not Ear-oh; Avatar not Ah-v-tar; and it's called Agni Kai, not Agni Key. Oh, and Gran-Gran is called Grandma.

In the series, "bending" - a mix between martial arts and magic employed to command elements (water, earth, fire, air) - was visually effective and precise, with each elemental effect corresponding to a quick, clear body movement. This connection is lost in the movie, where characters gesticulate wildly and flail limbs around to produce comically tiny results; it takes six people performing a choreographed dance to make a medium-sized rock float (in the animated series, characters toss boulders around with a flick of the wrist). It's pathetic, the kind of stuff which gives fantasy a bad name.

Would you recommend this to other users? I strongly advise that you do not watch this movie rather, go and watch the animated series instead.

Do not watch this

Rated 0 out of 5

I'm hoping Netflix do a better job than M. Night Shyamalan.

Rating(1-5): ⭐