💬 Review The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,443 happy users since 2014.
Register

royjackson

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom

This book is published in November 10, 2015. The novel's protagonist, a guitarist, is introduced at his own funeral.

Review:
Alright, alright, alright. Now, if you must know me, know that I'm a crybaby. And I probably feel things more intensely than another person. I can't help it man, I'm just built like this. Fall in love hard, hurt hard.

So this book was gifted to me when I turned 18. Hardbound, beautiful. I've never read a Mitch Albom book before so I didn't have any expectations. I opened it and first pages in, I already cried. It was so powerful to me, I already felt connected. I don't know if you will cry or have cried, but I did. I'm a music man. I grew up singing, it's like breathing for me. I may not know what's in the top 40s now anymore but the beat is still thrumming in my veins. So I was shocked at how well this book fit me. It was about music. But not just music, it was about loneliness and loss and survival.

It was certainly a peculiar book. The very concept of strings being magical and changing people’s lives is already crazy, considering this is far from a wide-eyed fantastical story. Sure, this book started with a child that was given a guitar with magic strings, but the book handles mature themes that you wouldn’t make a child read. At least I wouldn’t let mine if I had any. It’s sad as f*ck. But it most definitely helped that Music itself narrated the story, to really make you accept the uniqueness of it all. Yep, you read that right. If you haven’t picked up this book, do so now. It’s certainly a ride.

No, seriously. The whole premise of Frankie Presto’s story is that he changed people’s life through his music. Like… literally. And not just that, celebrities had multiple cameos in this. Which was awesome, it’s kind of like a fanfiction on music history.

I will say this though, it could have ended in the 2/3rds of the book and I'd be fine with it. The last part was just a bit iffy, but that's probably because the late 20th century was such a mess.

Would you recommend this to other users? Sure, sure. Any Mitch Albom book, as far as I've heard, is a guaranteed good read. Go check this one out, it's definitely fresh and fun. And sad at many times.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐