💬 Review The Mummy(1999)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,075 happy users since 2014.
Register

polarkey

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Mummy(1999)

An ancient evil from beneath the sands is awakened during an archaeological dig. Only the Evelyn, the one who started the madness, can end it.

Review:
This movie has everything I love in an action rom com! A stellar cast (Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah, Arnold Vosloo
Kevin J. O'Connor, Jonathan Hyde, Oded Fehr, Erick Avari, Stephen Dunham, Corey Johnson, Tuc Watkins) and amazing effects make this movie an instant classic!
At an archaeological dig in the ancient city of Hamunaptra, an American serving in the French Foreign Legion accidentally awakens a mummy who begins to wreck havoc as he searches for the reincarnation of his long-lost love. This movie is meant to be a classic. It is so ingenious and good that makes you watch it over and over again! I actually watched this movie 6 times in the theaters, and then I bought the video and I lost count of how many times I have seen this movie! You get a lot of "candy eye" in this movie, for guys and girls, for guys you get Rachel Weisz and in the beginning of the movie you see the Venezuelan top-model Patricia Velazques as the unfaithful Anck-su-namun; and for girls you get Brendan Fraser, Oded Fehr and of course Arnold Vosloo. The plot is good, it's not a cheezy-horror flick or something like that, and the dialogues are awesome too :) Let's not forget the direction, Stephen Sommers does a great job. And special mention to the music, by Jerry Goldsmith, it was one of the best parts of this movie.

Would you recommend this to other users? Definitley! If you're looking for compelling characters, amazing plot, and heart bursting romance, look no further!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐