💬 Review The Outsiders

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,352 happy users since 2014.
Register

D sam

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Outsiders

A coming of the age story about a young boy living in a parallel society and the what he thinks about the events surrounding him.

Review:
It is a fairly old book written in the 1970's (Quick edit: it was released in 1967) that follows the story of the Curtis family, mostly the youngest Ponyboy Curtis, the author comes up with the weirdest name if you ask me. He is an orphan who lives with his two brothers Sodapop (told ya so) and Darry the eldest of the three, almost parental.

The book has the culture of mainly two groups behind them, the greasers, though a tight knitted group, the poor who have no money with them and live broken lives estranged from the rest, even sometimes their families, almost as outcasts. The others are Socs, the rich ones who have everything with them, money, connections and families.

A constant, unending fight where Ponyboy realizes that no matter who wins, how they win or even when, the greasers are still going to remain at the bottom, the outcasts who everyone tends to avoid and even if its the Socs who start the whole thing the suspicion is always going to start with the greasers themselves. And Ponyboy vows to himself and his family that he would come out of this never ending loop and make his own way.

The story is all about how Ponyboy (I knd of like repeating his name now) actually realises the fact, what he suffers and loses to know the truth to set free from everything he has lived. This story in my opinion has quite a quality of writing to it. It actually feels immersive at the best level because even though this is a coming of the age story and it doesn't have complicated plots and twists to it, it potrays everything elegantly and in a clean circle.

The events are intruiging and it leaves you feeling overwhelmed with a little hope I would say or that's what happened to me nearly a year ago when I read the book I don't know. It certainly managed to make an impression on me at that time. So read the story have fun. A fair warning though, this isn't that heavy on the plot just lightly following tue events and the emotions attached to them like the how being an orphan leaves him in this precari

Would you recommend this to other users? This story is generally for those who like reading the genre of a little emotional and drama stories.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐