💬 Review The Perfect Wife by J.P. Delaney

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,271 happy users since 2014.
Register

eyannis

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Perfect Wife by J.P. Delaney

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): 📖 eBook Download - THE PERFECT WIFE BY J.P. DELANEY

Abbie wakes up with no memory of who she is. The man beside her claims to be her husband, and tells her that she is gifted artist, a loving wife and mother, recreated as a miracle after a tragic accident five years earlier. But as Abbie struggles to get back to who she is supposed to be, she discovers that it all may be a lie, including her life and her husband.

Review:
This book delves into the complicated issues of technology, artificial intelligence and the twisted nature of the human mind, and these issues are presented rather well.

Right from the start, we are told that Abbie is a non-biological vessel created and implanted with the memories of the real Abbie who disappeared five years ago. Her husband Tim loves her too much, and has perfected this technology to bring her back to him and their severely autistic son. As Abbie sought to rediscover her perfect life, we as readers are treated to flashbacks of how Tim and Abbie met, and the Abbie of the past and the Abbie of the future is clearly very vastly different, and this is where we know that there is a lot more to the story.

The parallels of the human mind/nature and technology are one of the focal points of the book, and is explored quite well. Both Abbie of the past and present, and Tim, are complex, layered characters that are definitely not what they seem from the first go. The twists, as they are slowly revealed, are nothing too shocking or out of expectation, but they manage to weave the story together to give us an insight of who these characters are and why they do what they do. Abbie and Tim's son is a central plot to the story as well, and a huge reason for present Abbie's actions and reactions.

I would say the ending actually is really quite shocking, and the one true twist for me. Although unexpected, I think it does bring the story together, and what it means to be human or non-human (from the AI point of view).

Would you recommend this to other users? Recommended for fans of psychological thrillers with a dash of technological talk. This book is rather grim and dark, however, with next to no bright spots or happy moments, but it does make for an engrossing read.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Marbelss

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Seems very interesting. I love stories about things like amnesia, or ending up in different worlds, or AI, so this seems like my cup of tea.