💬 Review The Perfection

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,040 happy users since 2014.
Register

richardba

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Perfection

Perfection is a Psychological horror thriller starring Allison Williams (known for Get Out and HBO series Girls) and Logan Browning (known for playing Smanta White in Netflix series Dear White People). Williams plays the role of Charlotte, and Browning plays the role of Lizzie, wherein are classical violinists.

Review:
Perfection is a movie revolving about sexual abuse and mutilation, in both figurative and literal ways. After a brief interlude showing the passing of the terminally ill Charlotte's mother, the film starts in China where Bachoff a prestigious music school based in Boston, is helding a recruit concert to find new talents. Charlotte was previously a very gifted and talented student under Bachoff, but was forced to leave due to her ill mother.

The film is divided into four Acts, Mission, Detour, Home and Duet. As the film progresses it becomes more and more violent. And as it does so, it delves the viewer into the perception of someone who suffers from psychological and sexual abuse. People who pass through a lot of trauma, usually involving depression, self-denial, suicidal thoughts and victim-blaming.

The film explores Charlotte's background and is full of flashbacks and flashforwards to maintain a reasoning to its audience. However, where the film excels (its photography and exploring sensitive themes such as xenophobia, diseases and abusing), it fails drastically when it comes to how its climax unwraps. Just becoming a poisoning party and blundgeoning battle to unravel onto its duet ending.

The film has a bad conclusion, it drives its audience to realize that all sort of psychological and physical abuse tend to resort on violence, without exploring any sense of justice, other than handling issues with your own hands. Or I mean, with a mangled one, if you know what I mean.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you like psychological horror films, which explore real world traumas, with child abuse, gore and body mutilation. I recommended this film for you. And if you don't like graphic explicit violent scenes, which lead into vigilantism (dealing issues with your own hands) that is not definitely and movie for you. I do not condone that justice must be that of gentiles, where things must be assorted by common people. This is where the film fails.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐