💬 Review The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,725 happy users since 2014.
Register

glowycloud

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
eBook Releaser
Member for 5 years
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a coming-of-age novel written by Stephen Chbosky, featuring a series of letters written by the protagonist to a stranger. Charlie, as he introduces himself, works through his emotional issues by writing down his thoughts and believes that the letters are a better alternative to keeping a diary. The novel is divided into four distinct parts, each part showing Charlie gradually learning to ‘participate’ more in his life.

If you've watched the movie, then you already know who Charlie is and what his life is like. The book, however, adds another layer to his personality and more nuance to his character. Through his letters, we get to see the world through the eyes of someone different, someone from the outside. With Charlie, things are always more than they seem: a typical high school party can be a minefield, a book can be a portal to a safer world, and a quiet boy can be your best friend.

Overall, the story takes you on an emotional roller coaster that lets you experience adolescence in its rawest form. I recommend reading this book if you ever feel nostalgic about your teenage years, currently are a teenager, or want to see how people learn to connect in the most amazing ways.

BONUS: a quote from the book

Shivanshu125

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
This book is one of a kind, and if you like to read Y.A. novel then I would definitely recommend it to you. It makes you feel the emotions of the protagonist Charlie. I really love this book, it is beautifully written and puts you in the mind of a wallflower, how he thinks is totally different from others, I bet it will keep you engaged and you won't be able to keep it down until you finish it.